Senokot 12+ Years Syrup 7.5mg/5ml 150ml
- Reduces Pain When Emptying The Bowels
- Maintains Regular Bowel Action
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Senokot 12+ Years Syrup contains senna/sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. This product also contains calicium sennosides.
Senokot 12+ Years Syrup
What Is Senokot 12+ Years Syrup?
Senokot 12+ Years Syrup contains senna/sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. This product also contains calicium sennosides. Constipation is a fairly common and uncomfortable complaint. It usually involves difficult or irregular bowel movements, accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be painful to pass. This product does not help with weight loss.
See more information on constipation on the NHS website.
Before You Use Senokot 12+ Years Syrup
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine listed further below.
- have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel.
- have paralysis or lack of muscle tone in the bowel.
- have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Chron’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- have severe dehydration.
- have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal pains.
- have faecal impactation or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause, or have blood in your stools.
- have already taken a laxative and are still constipated.
- have a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks.
- are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- have kidney or heart failure.
- are under 12 years of age.
How To Use Senokot 12+ Years Syrup
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
New users should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum dose for each age group, if necessary, by one half of the initial dose each day. Once regularity has been regained dosage should be reduced and can usually be stopped. One to two 5ml spoonfuls at night, unless otherwise advised by a medical practitioner.
Like all medicines, Senokot 12+ Years Syrup can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- abdominal pain, spasms and diarrhoea, in particular these effects may be experienced by patients with irritable colon.
- allergic reactions, hives, skin itchiness or local more widespread rash or asthma.
- can make you more likely to catch infections.
- chronic use may lead to albuminuria and haematuria which is albumin or red blood cells in the urine.
- yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine may occur, which is harmless.
- chronic use may cause pigmentation of the gastroin testinal tract which usually receeds when the product is no longer taken.
- low potassium levels in the blood leading to muscle weakness and/or cramps.
- severe weight loss
- changes in the shape of the finger and fingernail, muscular spasms and inflammation of bones and joints.
Each 5ml of Senokot 12+ Years Syrup contains calcium sennosides equivalent to 7.5mg total sennosides (calculated as Sennoside B). The other ingredients are potassium sorbate (E202), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), maltitol liquid (E965), xanthan gum, anti-foam (Medical C) emulsion, prune flavour, citric acid anhydrous and purified water.