Senokot Syrup 12+ Years 7.5mg/5ml (150ml)
- Reduces Pain When Emptying The Bowels
- Maintains Regular Bowel Action
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Senokot 12+ Years Syrup contains senna/sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. This product also contains calicium sennosides.
Senokot 12+ Years Syrup
Buy Senokot 12+ Years Syrup Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Senokot 12+ Years Syrup Online. To Buy Senokot 12+ Years Syrup UK Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Senokot 12+ Years Syrup UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Senokot 12+ Years Syrup Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
All Senokot products contain the ingredient called Senna. Senna is an herb that is used to treat constipation. It’s also taken to empty the bowels before certain medical procedures or surgeries.
Senokot and the active ingredient Senna can be bought over-the-counter. Senna is sold under different brand names, including Senokot. My Pharmacy currently stocks other Senokot products including:
Senokot Syrup contains Senna/Sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. Senokot Syrup also contains calcium sennosides. Constipation is a fairly common and uncomfortable complaint. It usually involves difficult or irregular bowel movements, accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be painful to pass. Laxatives such as Senokot syrup do not help with weight loss.
Senokot Syrup does not reduce the absorption of calories or nutrients. It can cause watery stools (diarrhoea), abdominal cramps and dehydration. Dehydration can seem like weight loss because the skin becomes thinner the more dehydrated you get. Overuse of laxatives can damage a person’s health by:
- Causing disturbances of electrolyte and mineral balances.
- Severe dehydration
- Laxative dependency
You may need to use Senokot Liquid for constipation if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- You haven’t had a poo at least 3 times during the last week
- The stool is often large and dry, hard or lumpy
- Having to strain or experience pain when trying to pass the stool
Constipation is extremely common and affects people at all stages of life. It can usually be cured at home using medication such as Senokot Liquid for constipation, or changes to diet and lifestyle.
Some of the most common causes of constipation include:
- Not getting enough fibre from your diet
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Long periods of sitting or lying in bed
- Being less active and not exercising
- A side effect of medication
- Stress, anxiety or depression
Senokot 12 Years
- Senokot 12 years is a 150ml bottle, enough for numerous doses and uses.
- One 10ml spoonful contains 14mg Standardised Senna.
- Relief of occasional or non-persistent constipation.
- Great for those who do not like swallowing tablets.
- Suitable for both adults and children over the age of 12 years.
Before Senokot 12 Years is used, tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- You suffer from kidney disorders
- You are taking medicines for a heart condition, medicines inducing QT elongation, diuretics, adrenocorticosteroids or liquorice root preparations.
- Are under 12 years old.
In order to take Senokot correctly, you should follow the correct Senokot Dosage given to you by your doctor or as written in the patient information leaflet.
New users should start with the lowest Senokot Dosage and increase it to the maximum dose for each age group, if necessary, by one half of the initial dose each day. Once regularity has been regained the dosage should be reduced and can usually be stopped. One or two 5 ml spoonful’s at night, unless otherwise advised by a medical practitioner.
Normally it is sufficient to take Senokot Syrup up to two to three times a week. Not to be used for more than one week. Tell a doctor or pharmacist if:
- The symptoms worsen or persist during the use of Senokot Syrup.
- There is no bowel movement within 3 days of a Senokot dosage.
- You need to take laxatives every day or if abdominal pain persists.
If you have taken too much Senokot Syrup or have taken it for too long, it may cause harmful effects. Some of these harmful effects include:
- A lazy bowel, where the muscle in the bowel becomes too relaxed. This means that bowel emptying happens less often. This can lead to long term constipation.
- Imbalance of fluids and salts in the body. This can affect the tightness of the muscles such as those in the bowel. It can also affect the salts in the blood.
- Low levels of potassium in the blood. This can make you tired, dizzy, make your muscles weak and cause an uneven heart-beat.
- Dehydration, making you feel thirsty, feel faint and giving you headaches. It can also mean that you cannot pass enough urine.
You can view Senokot Reviews and reviews left by customers who have used our website and service via the product page. To view more Senokot Reviews and overall service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should any Senokot Reviews cause you to look for an alternative.
Senokot Side Effects
Like all medicines, Senokot Side Effects can occur, although not everyone will experience them. If any of the following or other Senokot side effects occur, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor or pharmacist:
- Abdominal pain, spasms and diarrhoea, in particular these effects may be experienced by patients with irritable colon. In these cases, a reduction in dose may be necessary.
- Hypersensitivity reactions, hives, skin itchiness or local or more widespread rash, or asthma.
- Can make you more likely to catch infections.
- Chronic use may lead to albuminuria and haematuria which is albumin or red blood cells in the urine.
- Yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine may occur, which is harmless.
- Chronic use may cause pigmentation of the gastroin testinal tract which usually recedes when the product is no longer taken.
- Low potassium levels in the blood leading to muscle weakness and/or cramps.
- Severe weight loss.
- Changes in the shape of the finger and fingernail, muscular spasms and inflammation of bones and joints.
Senokot Liquid – Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Senokot Take To Work?
A common question we often see online is “How long does Senokot take to work?”
The active ingredient in Senokot called Senna takes about 8 hours to work. It’s important to keep hydrated when using Senokot or the constipation may get worse. If the condition persists or worsens, or if bleeding of the rectum occurs, speak to your doctor. If you think you may be experiencing a medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
If you have any more queries such as “How long does Senokot take to work?” please contact our customer support team who will gladly assist you.
Is It Safe To Take Senokot Everyday?
Senokot Syrup should not be taken for more than 7 days unless directed to do so by your doctor. Serious side effects can occur if this medication is overused.
If you are unsure about the answer to ‘Is it sage to take Senokot everyday?’ speak to your doctor about the best course of action.
Why Take Senokot At Night?
For the best possible results Senokot liquid should be taken at bedtime so it can work overnight. This also means it’s less likely to cause any interruptions during the day.
Your pee may turn a red-brown colour overnight and is entirely normal. If you wake up to any colour changes, don’t be alarmed as this is entirely normal.
Your doctor may be able to advise you on the best period of time to take your medication. Other questions such as “Why take Senokot at night?” can also be asked to your local pharmacist.
How Does Senokot Work?
The active ingredients in Senokot Liquid are called Sennosides. Sennosides are known as stimulant laxatives and they work by keeping water in the intestines. By doing so it helps the intestines move along the hardened stools.
The NHS has a great section on Senna, explaining how it works, key facts and various other frequently asked questions. This includes “How does Senokot work?”
Whilst Senokot Syrup is available from other commercial stores like Senokot Boots, Tesco Pharmacy, Lloyds Pharmacy, most of those will require you to bring in your prescription before you can order the medicine.
My Pharmacy offers a free online consultation as well as free shipping on orders over £40 with next delivery options also available. From My Pharmacy you can purchase your prescription treatments online without ever having to leave your home, making it much easier for people to get the vital treatments they need safely and promptly.
Unlike Senokot Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy, UK Meds, My Pharmacy has an expert team of pharmacy professionals available to help via email, online chat and telephone should you have any questions regarding your current prescription or treatment. Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should the one you’re looking for not be available. See our thousands of 5 Star Ratings on Trustpilot from real customers.
As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get the best prices for both generic and brand name treatments. When compared to other retailers such as Senokot Boots, Tesco Pharmacy, Asda Pharmacy, My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.