ScarSil Scar Gel
£19.35 – £29.03
- For Hypertrophic and Keloid Scars
- Suitable For Use On Children
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
ScarSil Gel is recommended for the treatment of problem scarring including Hypertrophic and Keloid scars. It can be used on closed healed wounds and after suture removal.
ScarSil Scar Gel
Buy ScarSil Scar Gel Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy ScarSil Scar Gel Online. To Buy ScarSil Scar Gel Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy ScarSil Scar Gel Wash UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy ScarSil Scar Gel Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Scarsil Gel is recommended for the treatment of problem scarring including Hypertrophic and Keloid scars. The gel is odourless, transparent and non-sticky that is ideal for the “invisible” treatment of scars. Scarsil Gel can also be used on closed healed wounds and after suture removal.
The results from experience and clinical trials reveals that silicone gel is equivalent in efficacy to traditional silicone gel sheeting. Scarsil Gel is typically used on smaller scars than sheet gel and the invisibility it provides is ideal for scars located on the face.
Scarsil Scar Gel
One of the type of scars that Scarsil Scar Gel can treat is a Keloid scar. Keloid scars are the result of a wound healing and becoming thicker, lumpier and larger than the original wound. They are usually enlarged, raised, and can be red, pink or darker than the surrounding skin.
This type of scar can even develop from very minor skin damage, such as an acne spot, and spread beyond the original area of damaged skin.
People who are darker skinned are more likely to develop a Keloid scar. They can appear anywhere, but are more common on the upper chest, shoulders, head and the neck.
Scarsil Scar Gel may be required if the scar is showing signs of being a keloid scar. Keloid scars are usually:
- Raised above surrounding skin
- Hard and rubbery
- Red or purple at first, before becoming pale or brown
It’s important to use medication that heals scars such as Scarsil Scar Gel on a Keloid scar, as they can last for years and may not even form until months or years after the original injury.
Scarsil Scar Fading Gel
Another type of scar that Scarsil Scar Fading Gel treats is called a hypertrophic scar. Hypertrophic scars, much like keloid scars, are the result of a protein called collagen building up at the site of a wound.
This type of scar, unlike keloid scars, do not extend beyond the boundary of the original wound. Without use of Scarsil Scar Fading Gel, they can continue to thicken for up to 6 months before gradually improving over the length of a few years.
There are other treatment options available other than Scarsil Scar Fading Gel. If scarring is unsightly, uncomfortable or restrictive, other treatment options can include:
- Pressure dressings
- Skin camouflage
Scarsil Silicone Gel
How to use Scarsil Silicone Gel
- Use once the wound has closed and sutures have been removed. (Do not apply to open wounds)
- Wash and dry the affected area thoroughly.
- Gently apply a thin layer of Scarsil Silicone Gel to the scar 2-3 times daily
- Wait for it to dry to a think airtight and watertight flexible film
- For optimal results use 3-4 times daily
- Use until scar maturity and visible improvement
- Scarsil Silicone Gel is suitable for use on parts of the body that require flexibility such as joints and the face
- Facial cosmetics and sun protection can be applied once dry
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel
In contrast to pure silicone gel, the performance characteristics of Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel are uniquely complemented by three vital ingredients:
- 97% silicone gel to treat the scar
- 1% fat-soluble Vitamin Cat-soluble Vitamin C protects the scar from damaging ultraviolet rays and has a positive effect on scar maturity
- 1% emu oil: Australian aborigines have used natural emu fat to treat wounds and scars from time immemorial. It softens and smoothes the skin and it is this that gives Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel its unmistakeable softness
- 1% squalene: It supplied the top layer of the skin with lipids. It smoothes and cares for the skin
Scar FX Scarsil Topical Silicone Gel
Scar FX Scarsil Topical Silicone Gel shouldn’t be considered a treatment for all types of scars, and definitely shouldn’t be used with the mind-set that it will certainly, 100%, get rid of scars.
There are a number of support group and organizations that can provide help and support for those living with scars.
- British Association of Skin Camouflage
- Changing Faces
- Children’s Burns Club
- Children’s Burns Trust
- Scar Information Service
Finding it difficult to cope with scars and finding that Scar FX Scarsil Topical Silicone Gel isn’t helping? Contact any of the above organizations for support and advice.
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml – Frequently Asked Questions
- Where and when can Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml not be used?
- ScarSil must not be used in the immediate vicinity of the eyes. ScarSil must not be used on mucous membranes and on open wounds.
- How soon after an operation can Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml be used?
- Treatment can commence once the wound has completely closed and as soon as the sutures have been removed.
- Is Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml suitable for all types of scars?
- It can be used for all problem scarring, including hypertrophic and keloid scars.
- How long will ScarSil last?
- The product should be applied to the skin very thinly 2-3 times a day. Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel 30ml tube will suffice for about 3 months of treatment for a scar measuring 8-10 cm. Because of its price, ScarSil is one of the least expensive methods of treating a scar.
- Can ScarSil cause any side effects and can it be safely used on children?
- Due to ScarSil not containing any active ingredients that are transmitted to the body, the effect is confined to the local and scar location. There are currently no known side effects when using this product, and it can safely be used on children.
- Intolerance to some of the ingredients may occur in very rare cases. If the treatment causes reddening of pimples, immediately stop treatment and consult a doctor.
Scarsil Gel Review
You can view any Scarsil Gel Review and reviews left by customers who have used our website and service via the product page. Customers can post a Scarsil Gel Review after purchase. To view more service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative products should any Scarsil Gel Review cause you to look for an alternative.
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel Review
You can find and read a Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel Review from various different reliable influencers and retailers. Most of the time a retailer will have a section where a Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel Review can be posted by a customer who has already purchased it.
Take care in which Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel Review you read, as some may have been paid by the manufacturer. This can sometimes cause the reviewer to be biased. Look for any text disclosing that they were paid or sponsored for posting a review.
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel After
Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel After And Before will vary, person to person. Some people may notice a slight difference when using this product, whilst others may notice more of a significant effect.
Although you may find it difficult to find images of Scarsil Silicone Scar Gel After And Before, you may be able to seek out reviewers and or users of this product and ask them directly what they thought of this product.
There is patient information leaflet available for this product.