Pollenase Hayfever Relief 2% w/v Eye Drops 10ml
- Effective Hayfever Treatment
- Active Ingredient: Sodium Cromoglicate
- Suitable For Children Aged 6 And Over
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Pollenase Hayfever Relief Eye Drops cotains cromoglicate. This medicine blongs to a group of medicines called ant-allergics. It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to an allergic reaction.
Pollenase Hayfever Relief Eye Drops
What is Pollenase Hayfever Relief
Pollenase Hayfever Relief Eye Drops cotains cromoglicate. This medicine blongs to a group of medicines called ant-allergics. It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to an allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction include itchy, watery, red or inflamed eyes and puffy eyelids. These symptoms occur usually in the late spring or early summer when pollen from the grasses or trees comes into contact with the eyes of people who are sensitive to them. This condition is sometimes called ‘hayfever eyes’ or by its medical term: seasonal allergic conjunctivitis.
See more on hayfever on the NHS website.
Before You Use Pollenase Hayfever Relief
Do NOT use this medicine:
- If you are allergic to sodium cromoglicate or any other ingredients of this medicine listed further below.
- If your child is under 6 years of age.
- For other allergic eye symptoms (not caused by hayfever). Other things in everyday life can start allergies causing eye stymptoms in certain people. For example contact with animals including pets, house dust mites, other particles and chemicals. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
Pollenase Hayfever Relief Side Effects
Like all medicines, Pollenase can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- The itching, redness or swelling gets worse. You may be allergic to these drops.
- Stingin or burning in your eyes or blurring of eyesight. This should only last for a short time and occurs immediately after using the eye drops.
- Mild eye irritation.
Pollenase Hayfever Relief Ingredients
The active substance is sodium cromoglicate. Each 1ml of eye drop contains 20mg of sodium cromoglicate (2.0% w/v). One drop contains 0.7mg of sodium cromoglicate. The other ingredients are disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water for injections.
How to Use Pollenase Hayfever Relief
- Wash your hands
- Before using the medication for the first time, be sure that the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is unbroken. A gap between the bottle and the cap is normal for an unopened bottle.
- Remove the cap from the bottle
- Tilt your head back
- Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without touching your eye
- Close your eye
- Wipe away excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue
- Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it
- Repeat in the other eye if needed