Pollenase Allergy & Hayfever Relief 10mg Tablets (30 Tablets)
- Relieves Mild To Moderate Allergy Symptoms
- Active Ingredient: Cetirizine Hydrochloride
- Blocks The Effects Of Histamine
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Pollenase Allergy & Hayfever Relief 10mg Tablets block the effect of a substance called histamine which occurs naturally in the body. Histamine is involved in allergic reactions.
Pollenase Allergy & Hayfever Relief 10mg Tablets
What Pollenase Allergy Tablets are and what they are used for
Pollenase Allergy Tablets 10mg helps relieve mild to moderate allergy symptoms, such as:
- Runny nose
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Itchy throat or nose
The above reactions can often occur after you have touched or inhaled allergens, such as pollen from a plant, mould or pet dander. Symptoms of allergies usually affect the nose, sinuses, throat, and other areas of your upper respiratory system.
Pollenase can also help relieve hives. Hives are itchy, raised rashes on the skin. Hives often occur with food or medication allergies.
Should you have allergies and have not used treatment before, Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg would be a good starting point for treatment.
Before you take Pollenase Allergy Tablets
Do not take Pollenase Allergy & Hayfever Relief 10mg Tablets if you:
- Are allergic to cetirizine hydrochloride, or any of the ingredients of this medicine, to hydroxyzine or to any piperazine derivatives (closely related active substances of other medicines).
- Suffer from severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10ml/min).
- Have problems of urinary retention.
- Have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Are breastfeeding.
- Are pregnant without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Pollenase Allergy 10mg Tablets Side Effects
Like with all medicine, Pollenase Allgery Tablets Side Effects can occur but these aren’t experienced by everyone. If you experience any of these Side Effects, especially if any of them are getting progressively worse, immediately stop and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Below is a list of Pollenase 10mg Side Effects experienced more, or less when people have used Cetirizine Tablets. For a full list, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
Common Side Effects
- Dry mouth
- Pharyngitis, rhinitis (in children)
Uncommon Side Effects
- Paraesthesia (abnormal feelings of the skin)
- Abdominal pain
- Pruritus (itchy skin), rash
- Asthenia (extreme fatigue), malaise
Rare Side Effects
- Allergic reactions, some severe (very rare)
- Depression, hallucination, aggression, confusion, insomnia
- Tachycardia (heart beating too fast)
- Liver function abnormal
- Urticaria (hives)
- Oedema (swelling)
- Weight increased
Very Rare Side Effects
- Thrombocytopenia (low levels of blood platelets)
- Tics (habit spasm)
- Syncope, dyskinesia (involuntary movements), dystonia (abnormal prolonged muscular contractions), tremor, dysgeusia (altered taste)
- Blurred vision, accommodation disorder (difficulty focusing), oculogyration (eyes having uncontrolled circular movements)
- Angioedema (serious allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face or throat), fixed drug eruption
- Abnormal elimination of urine (bed wetting, pain and/or difficulty passing water)
How to take Pollenase
Pollenase Allergy & Hayfever Relief 10mg Tablets should be swallowed with water.
- Adults, elderly patients and children 12 years and over: 1 tablet daily.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: Half a tablet twice daily.
- Children under 6 years: Not recommended.
If you have kidney problems (or liver and kidney problems together) please ask your doctor for advice as you may need to take a lower dose. The new dose will be determined by your doctor.
See our full range of allery treatments here at My Pharmacy.
Pollenase side effects
Cetirizine is a newer, second-generation antihistamine. Unlike first-generation antihistamines, cetirizine is less likely to cause side effects such as dangerous drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, and overheating.
That said, Cetirizine can cause adverse effects, such as:
Tell your doctor about any unexpected side effects that you have while taking Cetirizine. Also, discuss any ongoing or bothersome side effects. These effects are usually not emergencies.
For the patient information leaflet