Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Relief Max Strength 10% Gel 40g
- Effective Pain Relief Treatment
- Easy To Apply
- Active Ingredient: Ibuprofen
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Nurofen Joint and Back Pain Gel, otherwise known as Nurofen 10% Gel is used to treat a number of painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles such as back pain, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains, strains and sports injuries.
Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Relief Max Strength 10% Gel
What Is Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Gel?
Nurofen Joint and Back Pain Gel, otherwise known as Nurofen 10% Gel, contains ibuprofen and belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Nurofen 10% Gel is used to treat a number of painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles such as back pain, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains, strains and sports injuries.
See more information on pain killers on the NHS website
Before You Use Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Gel
Do NOT take this medicine:
- if you are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredients of this medicine, aspirin or similar medicines (e.g.: NSAIDs)
- if you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis (allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives) and have ever had a bad skin reaction to aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past.
- On broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
How To Use Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Gel
Check the seal is intact before first use (invert cap to break seal). If the seal is not intact, do not use the gel.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Squeeze 2 to 5 cm of gel (equivalent to 50mg to 125mg ibuprofen) from the tube on affected area. Massage until absorbed. Do not use more frequently than every 4 hours and no more than 4 times in any 24 hour period.
Nurofen 10% Gel should only be used on healthy, unbroken skin. Do noy use it on or near cuts or grazes or under dressings such as plasters. Do not let any gel come in contact with your eyes. If it does, rinse your eyes with cold water and inform your doctor. You should wash your hands after use unless they are the treatment site. This product is should NOT be used around the genital area.
If you experience any signs of a serious allergic reaction, seek medical attention immediately. Some of these signs include wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, swelling of the eyelids, face or lips, rash or itching (especially affecting your whole body).
Like all medicines, Nurofen 10% Gel can have side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- Itching or reddening of the skin
- A burning feeling
- Sore or weeping spots
- Abdominal pain (pains in your stomach) or other abnormal stomach symptoms.
- Kidney problems (particularly in people who have a history of kidney disease).
The active ingredient is ibuprofen. The other ingredients are hydroxyethylcellukise (E1525), sodium hydroxide (E524), benzyl alcohol (E1519), isopropyl alcohol, purified water.