What are Night Nurse capsules used for?
Do you have a cold or Flu? Night Nurse Capsules are used for the night-time relief of the major symptoms of colds, chills and influenza.
The medicine contains three active ingredients. Paracetamol is a painkiller and reduces your temperature when you have a fever. Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is a decongestant which opens the airways, helping you breathe more easily.
Pholcodine is a cough suppressant that helps relieve dry or tickly coughs.
How do I take Night Nurse capsules?
Take two capsules with a drink,every four hours.
Do not take more than 8 capsules in 24 hours.
Don’t take for more than 7 days.
Do not take more than the recommended dose.
See our other cold and flu treatments.
Like all medicines Night Nurse Capsules can have side
effects, but not everyone gets them:
The following effects may occur:
• Nervousness, difficulty sleeping
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dizziness and sweating
• Dry mouth may occasionally occur
• Hallucinations (particularly in children) have been
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor
immediately if you experience:
• Difficulty passing urine. This is more likely to
occur if you have an enlarged prostate gland
• Allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching
sometimes with breathing problems or swelling
of the lips, tongue, throat or face
• Skin rash or peeling or mouth ulcers
• Breathing problems. These are more likely if you
have experienced them before when taking other
painkillers (such as ibuprofen and aspirin)
• Unexplained bruising and bleeding
• Sudden weight loss, loss of appetite or yellowing
of the skin and eyes
• Blurred vision
• Headache, ringing in the ears, irritability or
• Rapid heart rate or palpitations
• Diarrhoea, constipation or stomach pain
• Inability to cough up excess phlegm on the chest
• Severe sudden headache
• Sudden onset of fever, reddening of the skin,
or many small pustules (possible symptoms of
Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis –
Further information can be found on the manufacturers
Patient Information Leaflet and printed if required.