Nicotinell 24 Hour Patch, Step 1 (large)
£12.99 – £32.99
- Relieves Cold And Flu Symptoms
- Active Ingredients: Aspirin And Caffeine
- Also Treats Aches And Pains
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
|7 patches||£12.99||In Stock|
|21 patches||£32.99||In Stock|
What are Nicotinell 24 Hour Patches used for?
Do you want to stop smoking without the craving? Nicotinell 24 Hour Patches deliver a steady dose of nicotine over 24 hours. Just apply the patch and forget.
Nicotinell patches come in three sizes, start with the largest one and reduce the size over time. Apply the patch to the skin. As a result the nicotine contained in the patch will release over time.
How do I use Nicotinell Patches?
Use the three step programme
Nicotinell TTS30 (large) each contain 52.5mg of nicotine.
Average absorption rate 21mg/24 hours.
Nicotinell TTS20 (medium) each contain 35mg of nicotine.
Average absorption rate 14mg/24 hours.
Nicotinell TTS10 (small) each contain 17.5mg of nicotine.
Average absorption rate 7mg/24 hours.
Like all medicines, Nicotinell Patches can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
STOP using the patches and seek medical help
immediately if you have any of the following
• difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the
face, lips, tongue or throat.
• severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or
Some side effects are very common (may affect
more than 1 in 10 people)
• application site reactions such as itching, redness,
oedema (becoming swollen) and burning
sensation where the patch is placed
In the event of a severe skin reaction which will not
go away, you should stop treatment and consult your
doctor or pharmacist to find another form of nicotine
These effects are usually caused by not changing the
site of application each day. Changing the site each
day will allow any irritation to disappear naturally and
cause you very little discomfort.
Some side effects are common (may affect
between 1 and 10 in every 100 people)
• agitation, anxiety, nervousness, difficulty sleeping,
• headache, dizziness or disorder in muscle condition
• nausea, abdominal pain or indigestion
• muscle discomfort or arthritis
These effects are often mild and will wear off
naturally and rapidly once you have removed the patch
Some side effects are uncommon (may affect
between 1 and 10 in every 1000 people)
• disturbance in attention, sleepiness, mood changes,
irritability, depressed mood or confusional state
• tingling or numbness, changes in taste or blurred
• palpitations (feeling of heartbeats)
• high blood pressure or hot flushes
• chest infections
• vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, flatulence or dry
• excessive sweating
• joint pain, muscle cramp or back pain
• feeling of weakness, pain or discomfort
Some side effects are rare (may affect between
1 and 10 in every 10,000 people)
• chest pain, shortness of breath or irregular heart beat
• skin discolouration or inflammation of blood
vessels often with skin rash
Mouth ulcers may be related to stopping smoking
and not to your treatment.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor,
pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side
effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report
side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side
effects you can help provide more information on the
safety of this medicine.
These patches are NOT suitable for non-smokers or
occasional smokers. They may develop signs of
nicotine overdose including headache, sickness,
stomach pains, sweating, increased heart rate,
dizziness, disturbed hearing or vision, weakness and
diarrhoea. If this happens, remove the patch at once
and contact your doctor or nearest hospital casualty