LMX4 Lidocaine 4% Cream – 30g
- Local anaesthetic
- Relieve pain whenever a needle needs to be inserted into a vein
- Active Ingredient: Lidocaine
LMX4 temporarily numbs the surface of the skin. It can be used to provide pain relief when a needle is inserted into the skin for clinical purposes, such as into a vein (venipuncture or venous cannulation).
What LMX4 Cream is and what it used for
This medicine is called: LMX4, Lidocaine 4%w/w Cream
Each gram of cream contains 40mg of the active ingredient lidocaine.
LMX4 is a type of medicine called a local anaesthetic, used to numb an area of the body.
LMX4 temporarily numbs the surface of the skin. It can be used to provide pain relief when a needle is inserted into the skin for clinical purposes, such as into a vein (venipuncture or venous cannulation). It may also be used to numb the skin prior to administration of painful topical treatments on larger surface areas of intact skin.
What you need to know before you use LMX4
Do not use LMX4:
- If you are allergic to lidocaine or any of the other ingredients.
- If you are allergic to any similar local anaesthetics.
Take special care with LMX4:
Talk to your doctor, nurse or other trained person involved in your treatment before use if:
- You are acutely ill, debilitated or elderly (you will be more sensitive to lidocaine).
- You have a history of being sensitive to the ingredients of any medicines, particularly other local anaesthetics.
- You have a severe liver (hepatic) disease
Other medicines and LMX4:
Tell your doctor, nurse or other trained person involved in your treatment if you have recently used any other medicines, with or without a prescription, but specifically:
- LMX4, lidocaine or any other local anaesthetic.
- Any medicine used to prevent or treat an irregular heartbeat, such as tocainide, mexiletime or amiodarone.
- The beta−blocker propranolol, for the treatment of hypertension.
- Cimetidine, for the treatment of heartburn or stomach ulcers.
- If you are about to receive a vaccination with live vaccine (e.g. tuberculosis vaccine). Live vaccines should not be administered in areas where LMX4 has been applied as the effect of the vaccine may be affected.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility:
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask for advice before taking this medicine.