Glucogel 3 x 25g Tubes
- 40% Dextrose Monohydrate
- Works In 10-15 Minutes
- Easy To Use And Carry
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
GlucoGel triple packs consist of 3x25g tubes of GlucoGel containing 10g of carbohydrates each, mainly in the form of dextrose (glucose).
Buy Glucogel Tubes Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Glucogel Tubes Online. To Buy Glucogel Tubes Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Glucogel Tubes UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Glucogel Tubes Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Glucogel is classified as a food supplement and may be used in the treatment of “hypos”. Otherwise known as hypoglycaemia, this is a condition where the sugar in the blood drops too low. It mainly affects people with diabetes, especially if they’re taking insulin. If a low blood sugar level isn’t raised, it can become extremely dangerous, extremely quickly.
Each Glucogel tube contains 10g of sugary gel mainly in the form of glucose. They are extremely easy to carry and can be placed in a bag or pocket for immediate use when they are required.
Frequently Asked Questions – Glucogel Diabetes Tubes
- Should blood glucose levels be tested before taking Glucogel Diabetes Tubes if the person has diabetes?
- Diabetics should always check their blood glucose levels before consuming a Glucogel dose. This is to confirm that blood glucose levels are low and extra carbohydrates are needed.
- How long does it take for Glucogel Diabetes Tubes to work?
- NICE guidelines state that when 10-20g of carbohydrates is administered, blood glucose level should increase within 5-15 minutes.
- Can Glucogel Diabetes Tubes be given through a PEG tube?
- Yes, Glucogel 40 can be given through a PEG tube, however absorption won’t be as quick as it would if glucose was delivered orally. Advice and guidance should be sought from a healthcare professional.
- Has Glucogel been tested on animals?
- No, Glucogel has never been tested on animals.
- What is the shelf life on Glucogel 40 Gel?
- A best-before-end date is printed on each individual bottle / tube and on the packaging. Typical shelf life is 18 months from date to manufacture.
- Once the Glucogel bottle has been opened, how long will it last?
- As long as the top is securely refastened, the bottle will last until the best before end date printed on the bottle.
Specific instructions may be provided from a healthcare professional in terms of the Glucogel Dose Adults. If this is the case, please avoid following the recommended Glucogel dose adults on the package instructions.
NICE guidelines recommend taking a Glucogel Dose Adults between 10 and 20g of carbohydrate for treatment of a hypoglycaemic attack.
- 1 tube = 10g carbohydrates (glucose)
- If using the bottle – 1/3 bottle = approximately 10g glucose
A low blood sugar level is also known as something called hypoglycaemia. This is when the level of sugar in the blood drops too low and causes symptoms. People with diabetes will often experience this, especially if they are taking insulin.
If it isn’t treated quickly, say with some Glucogel 40, a low blood sugar level can be extremely dangerous.
Early signs you may need to take Glucogel 40 include:
- Feeling tired
- Feeling hungry
- Tingling lips
- Feeling shaky or trembling
- A fast or pounding heartbeat
- Becoming easily irritated, tearful, anxious or moody
- Turning pale
Glucogel 40 Gel
Glucogel 40 Gel is for diabetics and are supposed to be taken when someone is experiencing low blood sugar symptoms. Once they’ve been taken, it is recommended that levels are checked 10 to 15 minutes after ingesting, making sure levels are rising and are back to a safe enough range.
Other gels and glucose tablets for diabetics usually relieve symptoms within a 10 minute period. Glucogel 40 Gel may be recommended if levels are dropping fast due to not needing to be chewed.
Glucogel 40 Gel is not meant for emergency hypoglycaemia. Emergency treatment would need something like a glucagon emergency kit or Baqsimi nasal spray.
Every purchase of Glucogel will or should include a Glucogel PIL (Patient information leaflet). Patient information leaflets contain everything you need to know about the medication, including what it is, the ingredients it contains, possible side effects and how to use it.
If for some reason your purchase doesn’t include a Glucogel PIL (Patient information leaflet) you can download and print one off one for yourself by clicking here.
The SPC of a product, Summary of Product Characteristics, can usually be found on the Electronic Medicines Compendium.
The Glucogel SPC (Summaries of Product Characteristics) is a description of its medicinal properties and the conditions attached to its use. It explains how to use and prescribe a medicine. It is used by healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
Unfortunately there currently isn’t a page for the Glucogel SPC.
Please follow the below Glucogel Instructions in order to know how to use Glucogel correctly. Please speak to a medical professional if you’re struggling following the Glucogel instructions and would like a demonstration.
How to use Glucogel
- Take 1 tube to manage a hypoglycaemic attack.
- Twist the cap off the tube, squeeze the contents into the mouth and gently massage into the cheek.
- Alternatively, squeeze content into the mouth and swallow.
- Each tube is single use and should be discarded once the required amount is administered.
Remember to follow the above Glucogel Instructions carefully.
Warnings & Cautions
- Do not use after the best before end date.
- Do not use if protective seal is broken or missing.
- Do not exceed the recommended Glucogel dose.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet or healthy lifestyle.
- Consuming products with high fat content will counteract the efficient of the glucose.
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age.
To find the best Glucogel UK price you’ve come to the right place. As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get some of the lowest Glucogel UK prices. When compared to other retailers My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.
If you’ve found a better Glucogel UK price elsewhere, Glucogel is one of many different glucose supplements we have available at My Pharmacy.
You may want to consider some of the following as an alternative: