Fenistil Cold Sore Cream 2g
- Effective Coldsore Relief
- Active Ingredients: Penciclovir
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Fenistils active ingredient is Penciclovir which is an antiviral which is used to treat infections caused by viruses. Fenistil Cold Sore Cream can be used to treat cold sores on the lips and around the mouth.
2 in stock
What Fenistil Cold Sore Cream is and what it is used for
The active ingredient in this Fenistil is Penciclovir, an antiviral which is used to treat infections caused by viruses. Fenistil Cold Sore Cream can be used to treat cold sores on the lips and around the mouth. You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 4 days.
See more in Cold sores
What you need to know before you use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream
Do not use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream:
• If you are allergic to penciclovir, famciclovir or any of the other ingredients of Fenistil Cold Sore Cream
How to use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream
- Always use this Fenistil Cold sore Cream exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Start treatment at the earliest sign of a cold sore (symptoms such as, tingling, redness and itching)
- Adults and children over 12 years: Apply the cream in a thin layer over the cold sore. Apply the cream every 2 hours during the day, for 4 days. Always wash your hands before and after applying the cream. If the cold sore gets worse or does not improve after 4 days, talk to your pharmacist or doctor. Use to treat cold sores on the lips and face only.
- Do not apply this medicine to the inside of your mouth, around the eyes or the genital area.
- Use in children Fenistil Cold Sore Cream is not recommended for the treatment of children under 12 years of age.
- If you use more Fenistil Cold Sore Cream than you should There are unlikely to be any harmful effects if you have used a large amount of cream on your skin all at once, although some irritation of the skin may occur. If you forget to use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream Apply the next application as soon as you remember and carry on as before. Do not apply more cream to make up for a forgotten dose.
- If you accidentally swallow Fenistil Cold Sore Cream Fenistil is not harmful if accidentally swallowed and no treatment is necessary but it may cause irritation in the mouth. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist if you are concerned.
- What general precautions should you take when you have a cold sore Remember cold sores are infectious. To prevent the virus infecting other parts of the body, or passing the virus to other people, it is important when you have a cold sore to:
– Avoid kissing, especially children
– Avoid oral sex
-Use only your own towel and face cloth and do not share cutlery, cups, glasses, etc
-Avoid breaking the blisters or picking sores, as this may prolong the healing process
-Avoid touching your eyes, as the virus can cause a serious condition if it gets into the eyes. Do not give this cream to other people, even if their symptoms are the same as yours. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist
The active substance is penciclovir. One gram of Fenistil contains 10 mg Penciclovir. The other ingredients are white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, cetomacrogol 1000 and purified water.
Like all medicines, Fenistil Cold Sore Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The side effects caused by Fenistil are usually mild in intensity.
Some common side effects are: initial itching, burning, stinging or numbness where the cream has been applied
(may affect up to 1 in 10 people). Some people have also reported allergic-type reactions such as allergic dermatitis, rash, raised and itchy bumps or swelling of the area where the cream has been applied. If this happens
stop using the cream and seek medical advice.