Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free (150ml)
- Active Ingredient: Pholcodine
- Relieves a Dry Cough
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Covonia Dry Cough Sugar Free Formula is an oral liquid taken by mouth for the symptomatic relief of dry or irritating coughs and can be used in adults and children over 12 years of age.
Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free
What is Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free
Covonia Dry Cough Sugar Free Formula is an oral liquid for the symptomatic relief of dry or irritating coughs.
Before you use Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free
Do not use the medicine if you or your child have….
- An allergy to any of the ingredients
- Liver disease
- Shallow breath or breathing difficulties
- Chest problems or chest infections for a long time
- An asthma attack
- Taken MAOI’s (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) for depression within the last two weeks
- Or your child is under 12 years old
Talk to your doctor if you or your child have….
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- A history of asthma or other breathing problems including bronchitis
- A cough for a long time or a cough which produces lots of phlegm
- if you or your child are taking medicine for high blood pressure, e.g. ACE inhibitors, beta blockers
- Diuretics, which help remove water from the body, e.g. furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines used to treat sleeplessness, anxiety and schizophrenia
- Alcohol or tranquillisers
- Pain killers, e.g. morphine
- Or are having surgery, as muscle relaxants used may react with this medicine
How to use Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free
SHAKE THE BOTTLE. Take the solution by mouth.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take one or two 5ml spoonfuls, three or four times a day.
Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours. DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE. Do not give Covonia Dry Cough to children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
Do not take with other cough and cold medicines.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Do not store above 25°C. Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Always read the patient information leaflet before use
Covonia Dry Cough Formula Sugar Free Ingredients
The active ingredient per 5ml is: pholcodine 5mg. The other ingredients are: citric acid monohydrate (E330), sodium methyl, ethyl, propyl parahydroxybenzoates (E215, E217, E219), glycerol (E422), saccharin sodium, xanthan gum (E415), caramel (E150), cough mixture flavour (contains propylene glycol) and purified water
Like all medicines, Covonia Dry Cough Sugar Free Formula can have side effects, although these don’t affect everyone.
Important side effects
If you get any of these side effects stop use
immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
• Allergic reactions which cause difficulty in breathing
• swelling of the mouth, lips or skin
• severe rashes and itching.
Other possible side effects are:
• Feeling or being sick
• Feeling excited or confused
• Failure to cough up phlegm.
If you notice these or any other side effects not listed stop use and tell your doctor or pharmacist