Clove Oil 10ml
Clove Oil has a local anaesthetic and mild antiseptic effect and can be used to effectively relieve the pain caused by toothache temporarily.
What is Clove Oil used for
Clove Oil has a local anaesthetic and mild antiseptic effect and can be used to relieve toothache temporarily.
Before you use Clove
Do not use the medicine….
• If you or your child have an allergy to Clove Oil, Eugenol or Peru Balsam.
• For teething pain in children.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you or your child have….
• Blood that does not clot easily.
• Diseased or damaged gums.
• If you are taking medicines used to prevent blood clotting such as warfarin, as the anti-clotting effects could be increased by using Clove Oil.
Pregnant or breastfeeding….
•Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding. Clove Oil should not be used in pregnancy unless the doctor has told you to do so.
Before you use Clove oil
• Use with caution in the mouth.
• Avoid contact with the skin and gums.
• Repeated use may cause gum damage.
• See your dentist as soon as possible.
How to use
Apply it only to the affected tooth. Adults, the elderly and children over 2 years old
• Apply a small amount to a cotton bud and place directly on the affected tooth as required. Not recommended for children under 2 years old.
• If you swallow some Swallowing small amounts of once applied to your tooth is unlikely to cause a problem. If you accidentally swallow liquid straight from the bottle see a doctor straight away. Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
Like all medicines, Clove Oil can have side
effects, although these don’t affect everyone.
Side effects are:
• Temporary skin irritation.
• Dermatitis (skin rash, itching, flaking).
• Swelling of the lips.
• Blistering and swelling in the mouth.
• You may also become sensitive to Clove Oil.
If you notice these or any other side effect not
included above, stop use and tell your doctor or
pharmacist. They will tell you what to do.