Calamine Lotion 200ml
- Suitable For All Ages, Including Babies
- Recommended By UK Doctors
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Calamine lotions active ingredient is zinc oxide. Zinc oxide helps to soothe Sunburn and other minor skin conditions and can be used to relieve the itch caused by chicken pox.
19 in stock
What is Calamine lotion
Calamine lotion contains two main ingredients:
- Calamine works by cooling and soothing irritated skin.
- Zinc oxide is an antiseptic which prevents infections.
It works by its counter-irritant effect. After application to the skin the calamine evaporates, which produces a cooling effect that helps distract you from the itch. This sensation also helps relieve sunburn and has been known to be used to relieve the itch caused by chickenpox.
Calamine lotion can soothe irritation. If you use calamine lotion, keep your baby’s skin moisturised with an emollient cream, as the lotion can dry out his skin. A mild steroid cream may also soothe your baby’s skin, but don’t use it on his face, and check with your pharmacist that the product is right for your baby
See more on chickenpox
Before you use Calamine Lotion
- Before using calamine lotion tell your doctor or a pharmacist here at My Pharmacy if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies.This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this lotion
- It is not known whether this drug passes into breastmilk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
How to use
- Use Calamine lotion on the skin only
- Follow all directions on the product package, or use as directed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before using
- Apply the medication with a cotton pad, and allow the medication to dry on the skin
- If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist
Always read they patient information leaflet before use
Calamine 15% w/v, zinc oxide 5% w/v, bentonite (E558), sodium citrate, glycerol (E422), phenol and purified water.
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some of these:
Skin rash, red or itchy skin (allergic reaction)
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on this label. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
Use by the date on the label edge.