Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel 118ml
- Effective Pain Relief Treatment
- Easy To Apply
- Suitable For Children Aged 2 And Over
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Biofreeze Gel produces a cold sensation that can be used to override pain signals through what is described as “Gate Control Theory”. This theory suggests that topical pain relief products block pain signals from passing these ‘gates’ leading to the brain.
Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel
What is Biofreeze Gel And What Is It Used For
Nerve cells regulate our perception of pain by carrying information from receptors found in the skin and throughout the body, to the spinal cord, before being sent to the brain for processing. The brain then interprets these signals and the body reacts to this stimuli in the form of pain. Biofreeze Gel produces a cold sensation that can be used to override pain signals through what is described as “Gate Control Theory”. This theory suggests that topical pain relief products block pain signals from passing these ‘gates’ leading to the brain. The user instead feels a cooling sensation.
See more information on pain killers on the NHS website
Before You Use Biofreeze Gel
- Avoid contact with the eyes or mucous membranes
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin
- Do not use with other ointments, creams, sprays or liniments
- Do not apply to irritated skin or if excessive irritation develops
- Do not bandage
- Wash hands after use with cool water
- Do not use with heating pad or device
How To Use Biofreeze Gel
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Rub a thin film over affected areas not more than 4 times daily; massage not necessary.
- Children under 2 years of age : Consult physician.
If pain symptoms continue after 7 days of use, seek medical attention.
Like all medicines, Biofreeze Gel can have side effects but not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- Skin irritation.
- Burning or stinging feeling. Most of the time, this will go away after a few days.
These may not be all of the side effects of this medicine. If you get any other side effects not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist right away.
The active ingredient in Biozfreeze Gel is Menthol 3.5%. The other ingredients are: Camphor (for scent), carbomer, FD&C blue #1, FD&C yellow #5, Glycerine, Herbal Extract (ILEX Paraguariensis), Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Silicon Dioxide, Triethanolamine, Water.