VitA-POS Eye Ointment 5g
- Active Ingredient: Liquid Paraffin
- 6 months sterility from time of opening
- Preservative & phosphate free
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
VitA-POS is a cost effective, preservative-free ointment that is easy to use and ideal for night-time use. VitA-POS, is a light paraffin based ointment which also contains vitamin A, which has been shown to improve symptoms of blurred vision and tear film stability in dry eyes.
What Is VitA-POS Eye Ointment And What Is It Used For
Vitamin A-POS improves the tear film and protects the surface of the eye. The sensation of burning, dry or tired eyes is relieved. Vitamin A-POS is used as a supportive therapy for atrophic changes of the cornea and conjunctiva, caused by Vitamin A deficiency, for example by Keratomalacia and Xerophthalmia.
How To Use VitA-POS Eye Ointment
Unscrew the cap covering the tube tip. Retract the lower eye lid with a finger until the inner red, moist surface is exposed. Tilt your head back and gently squeeze out a small strip of ointment into the conjunctival sac. Close the tube carefully after use!
Eye ointments should always be used avoiding a contact of the tube-tip with the eye or the skin.
Before You Use VitA-POS Eye Ointment
- If you wear contact lenses. Contact lenses should not be worn during treatment with VitA-POS.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you use or have recently used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Vision will temporarily be impaired and in consequence reaction time may be delayed after the application of VitA-POS because of an ointment film on the cornea. Therefore you should not drive, operate machinery or work without stable footing shortly after applying VitaA-POS.
The active substance is retinol palmitate 250 I.U./g. The other ingredients are white vaseline; light liquid paraffin; liquid paraffin; wool fat.