Vimovo 500mg/20mg Modified Release Tablets
- Active Ingredients: Naproxen / Esomeprazole
- Anti-Inflammatory & Stomach Protection
- Manage Long-Term Pain Conditions
Vimovo 500mg/20mg modified release tablets contain two active ingredients: naproxen and esomeprazole. Naproxen is a powerful anti-inflammatory painkiller (also known as an NSAID) which is used to treat a number of painful conditions. Esomeprazole is combined with naproxen to help protect the stomach against irritation.
Vimovo 500mg/20mg Modified Release Tablets
- What is Vimovo? Understanding its Ingredients
- Why Choose My Pharmacy for Vimovo
- Guidelines on Vimovo Dosage
- Side Effects of Vimovo
- Vimovo Effectiveness & Uses
- Safety & Authenticity of Purchasing Vimovo Online
What is Vimovo? Understanding its Ingredients
Vimovo Tablets are a combination of two ingredients:
- Naproxen: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) effective in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Esomeprazole: Classified under proton pump inhibitors, it’s responsible for lowering acid levels in the stomach.
Esomeprazole is crucial as it diminishes the risk of ulcers that could develop from NSAIDs like Naproxen. The two ingredients combined ensure relief from symptoms of conditions such as:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
This medication is specifically prescribed when a lesser dose of NSAID is less likely to offer pain relief and if there’s an ulcer risk.
Additionally, among proton pump inhibitors like Esomeprazole, others include Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, and Lansoprazole. They have slight variations in their interactions and durations.
Why Choose My Pharmacy for Vimovo
When ordering from My Pharmacy, rest assured, each Vimovo treatment package is dispatched securely and discreetly, ensuring your medication arrives timely and intact.
Cautions: When purchasing Vimovo Tablets from other sources, always ensure the source if registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council to avoid counterfeit products.
Guidelines on Vimovo Dosage
For the optimal effectiveness of Vimovo:
- Consume tablets whole with water, at least 30 minutes before meals. Food may reduce the protective effect of Vimovo on your stomach and gut.
- Don’t chew, split or crush the tablets.
- Missed a dose? Take it as soon as you remember unless it’s almost time for the next one. Never double dose.
- Dosage: Take one tablet twice a day for as long as your doctor has told you.
Overdosing symptoms include lethargy, dizziness, abdominal pain, breathing difficulties, etc. Seek medical advice immediately in such instances.
Side Effects of Vimovo
Like all medications, Vimovo may come with potential side effects. While these side effects may not manifest in everyone, it is essential to be informed about possible reactions.
Side effects can range from mild to severe. The occurrence depends on individual reactions to the medication, other concurrent medications, underlying health conditions, and even genetic factors. Here’s a breakdown of the potential side effects of Vimovo.
Severe Side Effects
Immediate medical attention is required if any of the following symptoms emerge:
- Allergic reactions: Manifestations include sudden wheezing, swelling of lips, tongue, throat, or body, skin rash, fainting, or swallowing difficulties.
- Severe skin reactions: Symptoms such as abrupt onset of serious skin rash, reddening of the skin with blisters or peeling can arise, potentially even after weeks of treatment. These can escalate into grave conditions such as ‘erythema multiforme’, ‘Stevens-Johnson syndrome’, ‘toxic epidermal necrolysis’ or ‘drug reaction with eosinophilia systemic symptoms’.
- Liver problems: Watch out for yellowing of the skin or eyes, unusually dark urine, and extreme fatigue.
- Cardiovascular concerns: Medications like Vimovo may be associated with a marginal heightened risk of heart attack or stroke. This is evident if there’s chest pain extending to the neck, shoulders, and arm, confusion, muscle weakness, or numbness on one side of the body.
- Digestive system Issues: These include symptoms like passing black or sticky bowel motions, blood diarrhoea, vomiting blood, or dark particles that resemble coffee grounds.
Less Severe, but Noteworthy Side Effects
While not immediately life-threatening, the following side effects warrant a discussion with your healthcare provider.
- Immune System: A rare impact of Vimovo could be on the white blood cells, leading to immune deficiency. Signs such as fever combined with severe deterioration in general conditions, or fever with localized symptoms like throat pain or urinary difficulties, require medical assessment.
- Digestive System: Indigestion, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence, and diarrhoea.
- Nervous System: Dizziness, drowsiness, or headaches.
- Skin and Allergies: Itching, rashes, or eruptions on the skin.
- Musculoskeletal System: Muscular weakness.
Preventative Measures and Recommendations
- Always adhere to the recommended dosage and never alter it without consulting a doctor.
- Inform your healthcare provider of any other concurrent medications, supplements, or herbal treatments.
- If a side effect seems to persist or worsens, seek immediate medical attention.
- Remember to store Vimovo and all other medications out of children’s reach and in a safe location.
Vimovo Effectiveness & Uses
Dual Action Mechanism
- Anti-inflammatory & Analgesic Effects: Naproxen is effective in reducing inflammation by inhibiting enzymes (COX-1 and COX-2) responsible for producing prostaglandins, chemicals released during inflammation. This results in alleviating symptoms associated with inflammation, such as pain and swelling.
- Application: It’s primarily used for conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis, providing relief from pain and inflammation.
- Gastric Acid Suppression: Esomeprazole belongs to a category of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors. It works by decreasing the amount of acid the stomach produces, thereby protecting the stomach lining.
- Ulcer Prevention: One of the concerns with NSAID use is the potential risk of ulceration in stomach and upper small intestine. Esomeprazole, by reducing stomach avid, can mitigate the risk, making NSAID treatment safer for long-term or high-risk users.
- Reduced Ulcer Risk: Clinical trials have demonstrated the advantages of combining Naproxen with Esomeprazole. In studies, patients on Vimovo were shown to have at least a 70% lower risk of developing stomach ulcers than those only taking Naproxen over a 6-month period. This makes Vimovo a preferred choice for those at a higher risk of gastric complications.
- Sustained Relief: For chronic conditions like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, consistent pain management is crucial. Vimovo, due to it’s dual-action mechanism, offers sustained pain relief while simultaneously protecting the digestive system.
Safety & Authenticity of Purchasing Vimovo Online
Finding Vimovo at unbelievably low prices online might seem tempting. However, it’s crucial to ensure the legitimacy of such offers. Remember to verify the authenticity of the online pharmacy with the General Pharmaceutical Council. Authentic online doctor services should also be registered with the Care Quality Commission and General Medical Council.