Tavegil Tablets (60)
- Active Ingredients: Clemastine
- Effective Allergy Relief
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Tavegil Tablets can be used for Allergic rhinitis, including hay fever and perennial rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis. Allergic dermatoses, including pruritus, atopic eczema and contact dermatitis.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
What are Tavegil Tablets and what are they used for
Tavegil Tablets contain clemastine 1 mg as the active ingredient, which belongs to a group of antihistamines. Tavegil Tablets are used to treat:
- allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes) including hay fever, perennial rhinitis and vasomotor rhinitis
- allergic skin disease (dermatoses), including pruritus (intense itching), atopic eczema and contact dermatitis
Before you use Tavegil Tablets
Do not take if you have:
- an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of the ingredients of Tavegil Tablets
- an allergy (hypersensitivity) to other arylalkylamine antihistamines (ask your doctor if you are unsure what these are)
- Porphyria, a metabolism disorder which affects red blood cells and may cause blistering of the skin, abdominal pains and mental problems
- Do not give Tavegil to children below one year of age.
How to use Tavegil Tablets
Adults and the Elderly
- Take one tablet in the morning and one tablet at night with water. In individual cases the dose may be increased to 6 tablets daily if necessary. Your doctor will tell you if you need to increase the dose. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- 1 to 3 years: take ¼ – ½ tablet (250 mcg to 500 mcg) in the morning and at night
- 3 to 6 years: take ½ tablet (500 mcg) in the morning and at night
- 6 to 12 years: take ½ – 1 tablet (500 mcg to 1000 mcg) in the morning and at night
- Do not give Tavegil Tablets to children below one year of age
The active substance of Tavegil is clemastine (as hydrogen fumarate). Each tablet contains 1 mg of clemastine. The other ingredients are: lactose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, maize starch, talc, magnesium stearate, purified water.
Like all medicines, Tavegil Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
STOP taking Tavegil and seek medical help immediately if you have any of the following
which may be signs of an allergic reaction:
– difficulty in breathing or swallowing
– swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
– severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised bumps.
Common side effects (affecting 1 to 10 users in 100):
Fatigue and Drowsiness.
Uncommon side effects (affecting 1 to 10 users in 1, 000):
Rare side effects (affecting 1 to 10 users in 10, 000):
Headache, excitability, upset stomach, nausea, dry mouth, skin rash, allergic reactions,
shortness of breath and weakness
Very rare side effects (affecting 1 user in 10, 000):
Constipation, rapid heart beat, palpitations
In general, these side effects may lessen if the dose is reduced.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you have any side effects not listed in this leaflet,
please tell your doctor or pharmacist.