SunVit-D3 with Calcium 600mg Tablets (Lemon Flavour)
- Effectively treats vitamin D deficiency
- Helps your body absorb calcium
- Active Ingredient: Colecalciferol
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
SunVit-D3 is used for the prevention and treatment of Vitamin D deficiency in adults and children over 12 years of age. SunVit-D3 contains the active ingredient cholecalciferol, also known as Vitamin D3.
Who should take vitamin D supplements?
Some groups of the population are at greater risk of not getting enough vitamin D.
The Department of Health recommends that the following people should take daily vitamin D supplements to make sure they get enough:
- all babies from birth to 1 year old (including breastfed babies and formula-fed babies who have less than 500ml a day of infant formula)
- all children aged 1 to 4 years old
- people who aren’t often exposed to the sun (for example, people who are frail or housebound, or are in an institution such as a care home, or if they usually wear clothes that cover up most of their skin when outdoors).
Why should we take vitamin D supplements?
Vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body.
These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy. A lack of vitamin D can lead to bone deformities such as rickets in children, and bone pain caused by a condition called osteomalacia in adults.
Consider taking 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day to keep your bones and muscles healthy. This is because you may not be getting enough vitamin D from sunlight if you’re indoors most of the day. There have been some news reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus. However, there is currently not enough evidence to support this. Please do not buy more vitamin D than you need.