Robitussin Dry Cough
- Effective Relief For Dry Coughs
- Active Ingredients:dextromethorphan
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Robitussin Dry Cough helps treat, relieve and soothe the symptoms of dry coughs. Helping to suppress a dry, tickly, unproductive cough. A pleasant tasting liquid which relieves dry, irritating coughs. Sugar free and non drowsy, designed to help control the cough reflex and soothe and ease the throat.
What Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine is and what it is used for
The active ingredient dextromethorphan belongs to a group of medicines called cough suppressants that work by providing relief from persistent dry irritant coughs.
Before you take Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine
Do not take this medicine if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- You are currently taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), used to treat depression and Parkinson’s disease or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), used to treat depression and anxiety or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking any other medication for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease or have done so in the last 14 days.
- This medicine contains dextromethorphan which can cause dependency. It should be used with care.
- Particular caution is advised if you are an adolescent or have had drug dependency in the past.
How to take Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine
For oral use only.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 10 ml up to four times daily, as required.
- Children under 12 years: Do not use. Use the dosing cup provided with the pack.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a healthcare professional if you have had a cough for more than 7 days or if you have any other symptoms which might be related to your cough, for example fever, rash or persistent headache.
Each 5 ml contains 7.5 mg of the active substance dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine also contains: Glycerol, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium benzoate, disodium edetate, maltitol (E965), ethanol, citric acid anhydrous, amaranth (E123), caramel (E150), levomenthol, cherry/grenadine flavour, sorbitol solution 70%, sodium cyclamate, acesulfame potassium salt, purified water.
Like all medicines, Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody
gets them. Side effects with dextromethorphan hydrobromide are rare. However, susceptible
individuals may experience unwanted side effects.
If any of the side effects gets serious or you experience any other side effects, STOP taking this
medicine immediately and consult your doctor:
– Allergic reactions. Symptoms could include itchy skin or rashes, difficulty breathing, faster heart
rate, swelling of the face or the throat.
– Stomach upset.
– Dizziness, drowsiness, mental confusion