Rhinocort Aqua Nasal Spray (120 dose)
Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray treats symptoms caused by perennial (year round) allergies and seasonal allergies such as hayfever.
These symptoms include a blocked / runny nose, itching / swelling / irritation in the nose and sneezing.
Buy more and save!
What is Rhinocort Aqua?
Rhinocort Aqua contains a medicine called budesonide. This belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids.
• Corticosteroids help to reduce and prevent inflammation.
• Rhinocort Aqua is used to treat the symptoms of seasonal allergies, such as hay fever, and rhinitis (inflammation inside the nose) or perennial (year round) allergies.
Symptoms may include sneezing, a runny, itchy or blocked nose.
• Regular use of this nasal spray can reduce inflammation in the nose and help prevent these symptoms.
• It is also used to treat small growths inside the nose (nasal polyps).
You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 14 days.
For more information about Allergies, click here.
How do you take Rhinocort?
• The recommended dose for adults and the elderly is two sprays of Rhinocort Aqua into each nostril in the morning. Alternatively,
your doctor may ask you to take one spray of Rhinocort Aqua into each nostril every morning and evening.
• This may be reduced by your doctor once your symptoms have improved. It is important to use Rhinocort Aqua regularly.
Try to use it before you come into contact with whatever causes the allergy. For example,
pollen is what causes hay fever, so you will be more at risk outdoors.
Treatment for allergies such as hay fever and for nasal polyps can continue for up to 3 months.
Rhinocort Aqua is not recommended for use in children.
See our full range of allergy relief treatments.
Do not use Rhinocort if:
- You’re allergic to budesonide or any of the other ingredients in this medication
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Rhinocort Aqua if you:
– have had recent nose ulcers or nose surgery or you have a nose injury that hasn’t healed properly.
– get heavy or frequent nose bleeds.
– have TB (tuberculosis), a chest infection, chicken pox or measles or you have been in contact with somebody who has TB, chicken pox or measles.
– have ever had glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye), or cataracts.
– presently have an eye infection.
– currently have diabetes.
– have liver problems.
– are taking any corticosteroid medicines
(including eczema creams, asthma inhalers, tablets, injections, nasal sprays, eye or nose drops).
Check if you have hay fever
Symptoms of hay fever include:
sneezing and coughing
a runny or blocked nose
itchy, red or watery eyes
itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears
loss of smell
pain around your temples and forehead
If you have asthma, you might also:
have a tight feeling in your chest
be short of breath
wheeze and cough
Hay fever will last for weeks or months, unlike a cold, which usually goes away after 1 to 2 weeks.
How to treat hay fever yourself
There’s currently no cure for hay fever and you can’t prevent it. But you can do things to ease your symptoms when the pollen count is high.
put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
shower and change your clothes after you’ve been outside to wash pollen off
stay indoors whenever possible
keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a special HEPA filter
cut grass or walk on grass
spend too much time outside
keep fresh flowers in the house
smoke or be around smoke – it makes your symptoms worse
dry clothes outside – they can catch pollen
let pets into the house if possible – they can carry pollen indoors
Common side effects of Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray include:
– Nose/throat dryness or irritation,
– Sore throat,
– Unpleasant taste/smell,
– Sores or white patches inside or around your nose, or
– Pain, swelling, burning, itching, or irritation around your nose.
Tell your doctor if you have rare but serious side effects of Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray including:
– Loss of taste or smell, or
– Pain or sores in your nose.
For the patient information leaflet