Quinoderm 5% Cream 50g
- Effective Acne Treatment
- Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide
- Doesn't Clog Pores
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Quinoderm Cream is used for the treatment of acne vulgaris (common acne), acneform eruptions (an acne like rash) and folliculitis (a mild infection of the hair follicles).
Quinoderm 5% Cream
What is Quinoderm 5% Cream
Quinoderm Cream belongs to a group of medicines called peroxides. It contains two active ingredients; benzoyl peroxide, which provides a peeling action, and potassium hydroxyquinoline sulfate, which has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Quinoderm Cream is used for the treatment of acne vulgaris (common acne), acneform eruptions (an acne like rash) and folliculitis (a mild infection of the hair follicles).
See more information on Acne on the NHS website.
Before You Use Quinoderm 5% Cream
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and mucous membranes (such as nose or throat).
- Caution is required when applying to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- May bleach hair or dyed fabrics. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Quinoderm Cream can make your skin more sensitive to the harmful effects of the sun. Avoid the use of sunbeds/lamps and minimise the time spent in the sun. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing while using Quinoderm Cream.
Quinoderm 5% Cream Side Effects
Like all medicines, Quinoderm can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include, but aren’t limited to:
- hypersensitivity (allergic reaction) including local irritation or inflammation
- swollen face
- dry skin
- redness of skin
Quinoderm 5% Cream Ingredients
The active substances are benzoyl peroxide, hydrous 5% w/w and potassium hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.5% w/w. The other ingredients are lactic acid, white soft paraffin, edetic acid, sodium dihydrogen
phosphate dihydrate, maize starch, cetostearyl alcohol, sodium cetostearyl sulfate, macrogol 40 castor oil and purified water.
How to Use Quinoderm 5% Cream
- Spread thinly over all the affected areas and gently massage until no trace of the cream remains.
- Take care not to apply too much cream. Applying too much, or applying it more often than advised, will not help your skin condition clear up more quickly and may cause skin irritation.
- It is important that the whole area is treated, not just individual spots or blemishes.
- After application, wash your hands thoroughly.