Pyrocalm Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets 20mg (14)
- Lasts Up To 24 Hours
- Effective Treatment of Heartburn and Indigestion
- Active Ingredient: Omeprazole
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Pyrocalm Control contains the active substance omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. It works by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. The tablets are used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms.
Recently Viewed Products
What is Pyrocalm Control And What Is It Used For?
Pyrocalm Control contains the active substance omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. It works by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. The tablets are used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn, acid regurgitation). Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet “foodpipe”, which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause you symptoms such as a painful burning sensation in the chest rising up to the throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation). This medicine does not provide immediate relief of symptoms.
See more information on heartburn on the NHS website.
Before You Use Pyrocalm Control
Do NOT use Pyrocalm Control if you:
- are allergic omeprazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole or esomeprazole).
- are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection).
How to Store Pyrocalm Control
- Do not use Pyrocalm after the expiry date shown on the carton after EXP
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- Store above 30° C
- Keep in original packaging to protect from moisture
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Pyrocalm Control Side Effects
Like all medicines, Pyrocalm Control can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach ache, constipation, wind (flatulence).
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
- Benign growths (polyps) in the stomach.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- Swelling of the feet and ankles.
- Disturbed sleep (insomnia), feeling sleepy.
- Dizziness, tingling feelings such as “pins and needles”.
- Spinning feeling (vertigo).
- Increased liver enzymes shown in blood tests that check how the liver is working.
- Skin rash, lumpy rash (hives) and itchy skin.
- Generally feeling unwell and lacking energy.
Nexium Control Rare Side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Allergic reactions, sometimes very severe, including swelling of the lips, tongue or throat, fever, wheezing.
- Low levels of sodium in the blood. This may cause weakness, being sick (vomiting) and cramps
- Feeling agitated, confused or depressed.
- Taste changes.
- Eyesight problems such as blurred vision.
- Suddenly feeling wheezy or short of breath (bronchospasm).
- Dry Mouth
- An inflammation on the inside of the mouth.
- An infection called “thrush” which can affect the gut and is caused by a fungus.
- Hair loss (alopecia).
- Skin rash on exposure to sunshine.
- Joint pain (arthralgia) or muscle pain (myalgia).
- Severe kidney problems (internal nephritis)
- Increased sweating.
- Inflammation in the gut (leading to diarrhoea).
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
- Low numbers of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets (a condition called pancytopenia)
- Seeing, feeling or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations)
- Severe liver problems leading to liver failure and inflammation of the brain.
- Sudden onset of a severe rash or blistering or peeling skin. This may be associated with a high fever and joint pains (Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis)
- Muscle weakness
- Enlarged breasts in men
- Hypomagnesaemia (low level of magnesium in the blood).
How To Use Pyrocalm Control
It is recommended that you take your Pyrocalm tablets in the morning.
You can take your tablets with food or on an empty stomach.
Swallow your tablets whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablets. This is because the tablets are coated with enteric coating which stops the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. The tablets release the active ingredient in the intestine, where it is absorbed by your body to give an effect.
Pyrocalm Control Ingredients
Pyrocalm Control Active ingredient: omeprazole.
Other ingredients in Pyrocalm: lactose monohydrate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sodium stearate, hypromellose acetate succinate, brownish pink colour (which contains propylene glycol, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide (E172), hypromellose and yellow iron oxide (E172)), talc, triethyl citrate, monoethanolamine, sodium lauryl sulfate and traces of carnauba wax.