Pro D3 20000 / Pro D3 20000 Vegan Capsules (30)
£30.38 – £37.69
- Effectively treats vitamin D deficiency
- Helps your body absorb calcium
- Active Ingredient: Colecalciferol
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Pro D3 is used for the prevention and treatment of Vitamin D deficiency in adults and children over 12 years of age. Pro D3 contains the active ingredient cholecalciferol, also known as vitamin D3.
|Pro D3 20,000 IU||£30.38||In Stock|
|Pro D3 Vegan 20,000 IU||£37.69||In Stock|
What Pro D3 (Fultium-D3) Capsules Are And What They Are Used For
Fultium-D3 are capsules. They contain the active ingredient: Vitamin D3 (20,000 IU colecalciferol equivalent to 500 micrograms Vitamin D3). Vitamin D is found in the diet and is also produced in the skin after exposure to thesun. Often vitamin D is given in combination with calcium. Fultium-D3 is recommended for use when you have a normal intake of dietary calcium. Fultium-D3 may be prescribed by your doctor to treat or prevent vitamin D deficiency. Deficiency of vitamin D may occur when your diet or lifestyle does not provide you enough vitamin D or when your body requires more vitamin D (for instance when you are pregnant). Fultium-D3 may also be prescribed for certain bone conditions, such as thinning of the bone (osteoporosis) when it will be given to you with other medicines.
Pro D3 Capsules Consumption Precautions
DO NOT take Pro D3 Capsules if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to vitamin D or any of the other ingredients in the capsules
- Have high levels of vitamin D in your blood (hypervitaminosis D)
- Have high blood levels of calcium (hypercalcaemia) or high urine levels of calcium (hypercalciuria)
- Have kidney stones or serious kidney problems.
Check with your doctor before taking Fultium-D3 if:
- you have kidney damage or disease. Your doctor will need to measure the levels of calcium in your blood or urine
- you are being treated for heart disease
- you have sarcoidosis (an immune system disorder which may affect your liver, lungs, skin or lymph nodes)
- you are already taking additional doses of calcium or vitamin D. Whilst you are taking Fultium-D3 your doctor will monitor your blood levels of calcium to make sure they are not too high.
How To Take Pro D3 Capsules
Always take Fultium-D3 exactly as your doctor has told you.
Use in children and adolescents
The recommended dose for:
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency 12-18 years: 20,000 IU (1 capsule) every 6 weeks
- Treatment of vitamin D deficiency 12-18 years: 20,000 IU (1 capsule) once every 2 weeks for 6 weeks.
Use in adults
The recommended dose for:
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency: 20,000 IU/month (1 capsule), higher doses may be required in certain situations
- Treatment of vitamin D deficiency: 40,000 IU/week (2 capsules) for 7 weeks, followed by maintenance therapy,
(equivalent to 1,400-2,000 IU/day, such as 2-3 capsules per month), based on the advice of your doctor.
You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The capsule should be swallowed whole with water, preferably with the main meal of the day.
- Fultium-D3 20,000 IU Capsules are not suitable for children under 12 years.
- Use in pregnancy and breast-feeding Fultium-D3 20,000 IU capsules are not recommended.
Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, Fultium-D3 can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects with Fultium-D3 may include:
Uncommon side effects (affecting less than 1 in 100 people)
- too much calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia).You may feel or be sick, lose your appetite, have constipation, stomach ache, feel very thirsty, have muscle weakness, drowsiness or confusion
- too much calcium in your urine (hypercalciuria).
Rare side effects (affecting less than 1 in 1000 people)
- skin rash
Storing Pro D3 Capsules
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
- Store blister foil in the original container in order to protect from light.
- Do not use Fultium-D3 after the expiry date which is stated on the carton as “EXP”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is colecalciferol. Each capsule contains 20,000 IU colecalciferol (equivalent to 500 micrograms Vitamin D3).
The other ingredients are:
- Capsule Content
- Maize oil, refined
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) (E321)
- Capsule Shell
- Quinoline Yellow (E104)
- Purified Water