Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets 20mg (7)
- Active Ingredient: Pantoprazole
- Provides Short Term Relief
- Effective Relief From Heartburn
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Pantoloc Control contains the active substance pantoprazole, which blocks the ‘pump’ that produces stomach acid. Hence it reduces the amount of acid in your stomach. This medicine is used for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms.
Out of stock
Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets 20mg
Buy Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Online. To Buy Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant UK Next Day Delivery you need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets
Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets contains the active substance pantoprazole, which blocks the ‘pump’ that produces stomach acid. Hence it reduces the amount of acid in your stomach. Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets are used for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example heartburn, acid regurgitation) in adults.
Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet (“foodpipe”), which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause symptoms such as a painful burning sensation in the chest rising up to the throat and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
You may experience relief from your acid reflux and heartburn symptoms after just one day of treatment with Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets, but this medication isn’t meant to bring immediate relief. It may be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to relieve the symptoms.
The Pantoloc Control active ingredient Pantoprazole comes from a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. Among Pantoprazole, there are others such as Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Lansoprazole and Rabeprazole.
Each of them have slight differences that affect how they’re broken down by the liver and how they interact with other drugs. Some can also last longer and therefore may need to be taken less frequently.
Pantoloc Control tablets work by inhibiting the gastric acid secretion by blocking the hydrogen-potassium adenosine triphosphatase enzyme system of the gastric parietal cell.
In simpler terms, Pantoloc Control Tablets reduce the amount of acid your stomach makes. It is widely used to treat ailments such as indigestion and heartburn/acid reflux.
Under some rare circumstances Pantoloc Control can be used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. This is a rare condition in which one or more tumours form on the pancreas or upper intestines.
Pantoloc Control Side Effects
Like all medicines, Pantoloc Control side effects can occur but not everybody gets them.
Tell your doctor immediately or contact the casualty department at your nearest hospital, if you get any of the following serious Pantoloc Control side effects. Stop taking this medicine straight away, but take the patient information leaflet and/or the tablets with you.
- Serious allergic reactions; Hypersensitivity reactions, so-called anaphylactic reactions, anaphylactic shock and angioedema. Typical symptoms are: swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue and/or throat, which may cause difficulty breathing or swallowing, hives, severe dizziness with very fast heartbeat and heavy sweating.
- Serious skin reactions; rash with swelling, blistering or peeling of the skin, losing skin and bleeding around eyes, nose, mouth or genitals and rapid deterioration of your general health, or rash when exposed to the sun.
- Other serious reactions; yellowing of the skin and eyes, or kidney problems such as painful urination and lower back pain with fever.
Other Pantoloc Control side effects include:
- Benign polyps in the stomach
- Headache; dizziness; diarrhoea; feeling sick; vomiting; bloating and flatulence; constipation; dry mouth; bellyache and discomfort; skin rash or hives; itching; feeling week, exhausted or generally unwell; sleep disorders; increase in liver enzymes in a blood test; fracture in the hip, wrist or spine.
- Distortion or complete lack of the sense of taste; disturbances in vision such as blurred vision; pain in the joints; muscle pains; weight changes; raised body temperature; swelling of the extremities; depression; increased bilirubin and fat levels in blood; breast enlargement in males; high fever and a sharp drop in circulating granular white blood cells.
- Very Rare
- Disorientation; reduction in the number of blood platelets, which may cause you to bleed or bruise more than normal; reduction in the number of white blood cells, which may lead to more frequent infections; coexisting abnormal reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets.
Pantoloc Control Tablets
One of the main conditions Pantoloc Control Tablets treat is heartburn/acid reflux. Heartburn is the burning feeling in the chest caused by stomach acid travelling towards the throat.
The main symptoms of acid reflux are:
- Heartburn – a burning sensation in the middle of your chest
- An unpleasant sour taste in your mouth, caused by stomach acid
It can also cause:
- A cough or hiccups that keep coming back
- A hoarse voice
- Bad breath
- Bloating and feeling sick
Symptoms typically worsen after lying down, bending over, or after eating. The majority of the time, there is no obvious reason why heartburn or acid reflux happens, but people who suffer from it regularly are diagnosed with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, GORD for short.
Before prescribing Pantoloc Control Tablets, your doctor may tell you to do simple lifestyle changes to see if treatment can be achieved without medication. Some of these lifestyle changes may include:
- Eating smaller, more frequent meals
- Try to lose weight if your overweight
- Try to find ways to relax
- Raise one end of your bed 10 to 20cm by putting something under your bed or mattress. Your chest and head should be above the level of your waist, so stomach acid does not travel upwards to the throat.
Pantoloc Control 20 Mg
Do not take Pantoloc Control 20 Mg if you are allergic to pantoprazole or any of the other ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet.
You should speak to your doctor if you have a serious liver disease. Your Pantoloc Control 20 Mg dosage may have to be adjusted.
Additional investigation may be required called an endoscopy in order to diagnose your condition and/or exclude malignant disease before Pantoloc Control 20 Mg is prescribed.
Taking a proton pump inhibitor like Pantoloc Control 20 Mg, especially over a period of more than one year, may slightly increase your risk of fracture in the hip, wrist or spine. Tell your doctor if you have osteoporosis (reduced bone density) or if your doctor has told you that you are at risk of getting osteoporosis (for example, if you are taking steroids).
Pantoloc Control 40 Mg
Each Pantoloc Control 40 Mg tablet contains 40 mg pantoprazole (as sodium sesquihydrate).
The other Pantoloc Control 40 Mg ingredients are:
- Core: sodium carbonate, mannitol, crospovidone, povidone K90, calcium stearate.
- Coating: hypromellose, povidone, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, propylene glycol, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, sodium lauril sulfate, polysorbate 80, triethyl citrate.
- Printing ink: shellac, red, black and yellow iron oxide, and ammonia solution, concentrated.
How Do Gastro Resistant Tablets Work?
A common question we often see online relating to this product is “How do gastro resistant tablets work?”
Gastro Resistant Tablets are designed to temporarily withstand attack by acid produced by the stomach. Each one of the gastro resistant tablets will be specially coated. This coating causes the tablet to resist stomach acid and release the active ingredient in the intestine.
Many different medications will have gastro resistant tablets and will be used for different reasons, however they all have one thing in common. They all need to survive going through the digestive system intact. If they were to otherwise not stay intact whilst passing through stomach acid, the medication wouldn’t work correctly.
If you have any other questions relating to “How do gastro resistant tablets work?” please contact our customer support team for further clarification.
What Does Pantoloc Do?
Another common question we often see online regarding this product is “What does Pantoloc do?”
Pantoloc, otherwise known as Pantoprazole, reduces the amount of acid the stomach creates.
It’s used for heartburn, acid reflux and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease – GORD is when acid reflux keeps happening. It can also be taken to prevent and treat stomach ulcers.
Please speak to a doctor or pharmacist if you would like further elaboration on “What does Pantoloc do?”
Pantoprazole OTC UK
Lower strengths of Pantoprazole OTC UK such as 20mg tablets can be bought from pharmacies for heartburn or acid reflux. Higher strength variations will need a prescription.
You will typically be prescribed this medication if you have shown signs of chronic acid reflux or stomach acidity. This often occurs after Pantoprazole OTC UK has been used and a higher strength may be required to subdue symptoms.