Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules 200mg
Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules contain the active ingredients Ibuprofen . Ibuprofen belongs to a family of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). These medicines work by relieving pain and/or inflammation (swelling, redness, soreness) and fever.
|30 Capsules||£7.20||In Stock|
What is The Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules And What Are They Used For
Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is Ibuprofen. It belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs provide relief by changing the body’s response to pain, swelling, and high temperature. This medicine is used for the relief of:
• Headaches and migraine pain
• Dental pain and neuralgia
• Period pain
• Rheumatic, muscular and back pain
• Feverishness and symptoms of cold and flu.
How To Take Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years: Take 1 or 2 capsules with water, up to three times a day as required. Leave at least four hours between doses. Do not take more than 6 capsules in 24 hours. Do not give to children under 12 years. In children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years: If in children and adolescents Nurofen Express is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be consulted. In adults: Do not take for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to. If symptoms persist or the pain or fever worsen, or if any new symptoms occur, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If you have taken more Nurofen Express 200mg Liquid Capsules than you should, or if children have taken this medicine by accident always contact a doctor or nearest hospital to get an opinion of the risk and advice on action to be taken.
Before You Take Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you:
• have or have had asthma
• have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
• have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke
• have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease)
• have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune system causing joint pain, skin changes and other organ disorders)
• are a smoker
• are in the first 6 months of pregnancy
Alternative To Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules
My Pharmacy offers many other alternatives to Nurofen and other painkiller treatments. Some of these alternative to Nurofen include –
STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate
medical help if you develop:
• signs of intestinal bleeding such as: bright red
faeces (stools/motions), black tarry stools, vomiting
blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds. • signs of serious allergic reaction such as:
– difficulties in breathing or unexplained wheezing
– dizziness or faster heartbeat,
– severe skin reaction (rashes, itchiness, peeling,
flaking or blistering)swelling of your face or throat
• signs of blood disorder resulting in unexplained or
unusual bruising or bleeding, fever, sore throat, mouth
ulcers, flu-like symptoms and severe exhaustion
• signs of liver problems such as stomach pain,
jaundice (yellowing of skin and whites of the eyes)
or passing dark brown urine
• a severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome
can occur. Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash,
fever, swelling of lymph nodes and an increase of
eosinophils (a type of white blood cells).
Tell your doctor if you experience:
• fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, mouth ulcers,
headache, a stiff neck, vomiting, unexplained
bleeding and bruising, severe exhaustion.
• indigestion, stomach or abdominal pain,
constipation, diarrhoea, flatulence or if you feel sick,
chest pain or fast, irregular heart beat.
• liver and kidney problems associated with swelling
in your arms and legs.
Medicines such as this one may be associated with a
small increased risk of heart attack (“myocardial
infarction”) or stroke. (See Section 2 ‘Other warnings’.)
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice
any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your
doctor or pharmacist.