Nicam Spot Treatment Gel 60g
- Effective Acne Treatment
- Active Ingredient: Nicotinamide
- Doesn't Clog Pores
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Nicam Gel is a skin treatment for inflamed pimples and spots. The medical term for this condition is mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. It involves inflamed pimples (papules) and spots containing pus (pustules), often with skin redness (erythema) and some tenderness.
What is Nicam Gel
Nicam Gel is a skin treatment for inflamed pimples and spots. The medical term for this condition is mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. It involves inflamed pimples (papules) and spots containing pus (pustules), often with skin redness (erythema) and some tenderness. The condition occurs mainly on the face, back and chest. Nicam Gel is suitable for use by
adults, children and the elderly. The active ingredient in this product is nicotinamide. This ingredient treats pimples and spots by its anti-inflammatory activity, which reduces swelling, redness and tenderness.
See more information on Acne on the NHS website.
Before You Use Nicam Gel
- Only apply it to your skin.
- When using it on your face, keep it away from your eyes, and avoid getting it inside your nostrils, on your lips or inside your mouth.
- Depending on how sensitive your skin tends to be, it may be a good idea initially to test the gel on a small area, and wait 24 hours before using it on larger areas. This is especially advisable if you have unusually sensitive skin or if you are treating the face (as generally applies when using any new treatment for the first time).
Nicam Gel Side Effects
Occasionally, susceptible individuals can experience local skin dryness. If this is unacceptable, or causes irritation or peeling, try applying the gel only once a day or every other day.
Very occasionally, allergic reactions such as itching (pruritus), redness (erythema), swelling or burning sensations can occur.
Nicam Gel Ingredients
The active ingredient is nicotinamide (4% w/w). The other ingredients are aluminium magnesium silicate, hypromellose, citric acid, macrogol lauryl ether, ethanol and purified water.
How to Use Nicam Gel
Apply the gel twice daily over and around the affected skin areas as follows:
- Wash the area.
- Gently pat the skin dry (avoid rubbing as this may aggravate the skin).
- Apply a thin film of gel, and gently massage it in.
Continue using the gel twice daily in this way for as long as necessary, (unless irritation occurs).
Depending on the severity of your acne, it can take several weeks for the skin’s normal repair process to work before you see a real improvement in your skin.