Movelat Cream 125g
- Active Ingredients: Mucopolysaccharide Polysulfate & Salicylic Acid
- Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief Gel
- Next Day Delivery Available at Checkout
- Buy With Confidence From UK Resgistered Pharmacy
Movelat Cream contains the active substances mucopolysaccharide polysulfate and salicylic acid. Movelat Relief Gel is a mild to moderate anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving preparation which, when applied to the skin, provides relief from muscular pain and stiffness and more.
What is Movelat Cream
Movelat Cream contains the active substances mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) and salicylic acid. Movelat Cream is a mild to moderate anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain-relieving) preparation which, when applied to the skin, provides relief from muscular pain and stiffness, sprains and strains, and pain due to rheumatic and non-serious arthritic conditions.
See more on pain relief on the NHS website
Before You Use Movelat Cream
Do not use Movelat Cream:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to mucopolysaccharide polysulfate, salicylic acid (or any other aspirin-like medicine) or other related painkillers known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). This is particularly important if you suffer from asthma
- if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of Movelat Cream
- if you have broken skin, infected skin or eczema ,on large areas of skin,on or near sensitive areas such as the mouth, eyes or ano-genital regions
- Movelat Cream should NOT be used on children under the age of 12 years old
How to Store Movelat Cream
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use Movelat Cream after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
How To Use Movelat Cream
- Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap
- Push and turn the spiked end of the cap firmly into the nozzle until you hear a click
- The amount of cream you use will depend on the size of the area being treated
- Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of cream should be gently massaged into the affected area at any one time
- You can apply Movelat Cream up to four times a day
- Do not exceed this dose.
- Some people experience discomfort, particularly those with sensitive skin or if used in hot weather or after a bath
- Remember to wash your hands after applying Movelat Cream, unless this is the area being treated
- If you accidentally swallow some of this cream you should contact your doctor or a hospital casualty department. You may experience rapid breathing, a ringing sound in the ears, deafness, light-headedness or sweating.
Like all medicines, Movelat can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them. Rarely, Movelat Cream can cause the following in sensitive individuals:
- burning sensation
- a rash
If any of these occur, STOP using the cream and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
The active substances are:
- Mucopolysaccharide polysulfate 0.2% w/w
- Salicylic acid 2.0% w/w
The other ingredients are:
- Glycerol 85%
- Stearic acid
- Anhydrous eucerine (contains lanolin)
- Myristyl alcohol
- Emulsifying cetostearyl alcohol
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Purified water
See our full range of pain releif treatments here at My Pharmacy