Maalox Suspension Liquid 250ml
- Suitable For Children Aged 2 And Over
- Effective Treatment of Heartburn, Indigestion And Flatulence
- Active Ingredient: Magnesium Hydroxide
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Maalox is used for the relief of indigestion, heartburn and wind. This product works by lowering the amount of acid in your stomach. The anti-foaming agent in Maalox Plus helps to remove gas from your stomach.
What is Maalox Suspension?
Maalox contains three different medicines:
- The first two medicines are called dried aluminium hydroxide gel and magnesium hydroxide. They belong to a group of medicines called antacids.
- The other medicine is called simeticone. It belongs to a group of medicines called anti-foaming agents.
Maalox is used for:
- The relief of indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Wind (flatulence)
Maalox Plus works by lowering the amount of acid in your stomach. The anti-foaming agent in Maalox Plus helps to remove gas from your stomach.
See more information on heartburn on the NHS website
Before You Use
Do NOT use Maalox Suspension if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to dried aluminium hydroxide gel, magnesium hydroxide, simeticone or any of the other ingredients in Maalox Plus. Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- are feeling very weak and have no energy (debilitated)
- have kidney disease
- have low levels of phosphate (called ‘hypophosphataemia’). This is shown up in blood tests.
How to Store Maalox Suspension
- Do not use after the expiry date shown on the carton after EXP.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not freeze.
- Store below 30° C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Maalox Side Effects
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
- Hypermagnesemia, including observations after prolonged administration to patients with
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
- Hypophosphatemia, this may occur at high doses of the product or even at normal doses especially in patients with low phosphorus diets.
- Hyperaluminemia is an electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally elevated level of aluminium in the body.
- Abdominal pain
How To Use Maalox Suspension
Adults, the elderly and children aged 14 years or
• Take two to four 5ml teaspoonfuls
• Take 20 minutes to 1 hour after meals and at bedtime
• Alternatively, take as directed by your doctor
If the symptoms do not go away, talk to your doctor
Children less than 14 years old
• Maalox Suspension is not recommended for children less than 14 years of age
If the symptoms do not go away, talk to your doctor.
Maalox Suspension Ingredients
each 5ml of suspension contains 175mg of aluminium hydroxide and 200mg of magnesium hydroxide as the active ingredients.
• The other ingredients are: hydrochloric acid, citric acid monohydrate, peppermint oil, mannitol
(E421), domiphen bromide, saccharin sodium, sorbitol liquid (E420), hydrogen peroxide and purified