Kolanticon Gel Oral Suspension 500ml
- Relieves Muscle Spasms
- Targets Source Of Abdominal Pain
- Effective Relief From Cramps And Flatulence
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Kolanticon Gel contains an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm), an antiflatulent (relieves wind) and antacids. This medicine is used to treat stomach complaints, such as irritable bowel syndrome, where there are problems such as painful cramps, indigestion and flatulence (wind).
Kolanticon Gel Oral Suspension
What Is Kolanticon Gel?
Kolanticon Gel contains an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm), an antiflatulent (relieves wind) and antacids. This medicine is used to treat stomach complaints, such as irritable bowel syndrome, where there are problems such as painful cramps, indigestion and flatulence (wind). It helps to relieve painful cramps by relaxing the muscles of the intestine. It helps to relieve indigestion by reducing acidity, and relieve flatulence by bringing together all the small bubbles of gas to form a large bubble which can be expelled.
See more information on IBS on the NHS website.
Before You Use Kolanticon Gel
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- are allergic to any of the active substances or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have difficulty passing urine because of an enlarged prostate or other condition
- have ulcerative colitis or other conditions affecting movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract
- have myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle disease)
- have glaucoma (a condition involving increased pressure within the eye resulting in poor vision)
- have kidney failure.
How to Take Kolanticon Gel Oral Suspension
- Take two to four 5 ml spoonfuls (10 – 20 ml) every four hours if needed.
- Shake the bottle before use to mix the ingredients properly. Then measure out the amount you need onto a 5 ml spoon and swallow the liquid
How To Store Kolanticon Gel Oral Suspension 500ml
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
- Do not use after the expiry date printed on the pack after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Keep in original packaging to protect from moisture and light.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Kolanticon Gel Oral Suspension Side Effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include, but aren’t limited to:
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
- difficulty passing urine
- in people taking excessive doses or following a low phosphate diet: low phosphate levels in the blood, high calcium levels in the urine, risk of bones becoming softer.
- hypermagnesaemia (a high level of magnesium in the blood). Signs and symptoms can include low blood pressure, slow heart rate, slow and shallow breathing, muscle weakness.
The active ingredients are: Each 5 ml spoonful of Kolanticon Gel contains: 2.5 mg dicycloverine hydrochloride, 200 mg aluminium hydroxide, 100 mg magnesium oxide and 20 mg simeticone. The other ingredients are: Magnesium sulphate, methylcellulose 450, benzyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulphate, saccharin sodium, alcohol 95%, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, butyl parahydroxybenzoate, citric acid, oil of cinnamon, peppermint oil, oil of spearmint, oil of cedar leaf, oil of nutmeg, eucalyptol, menthol and demineralised water.