What is Iglu mouth ulcer gel used for ?
• Iglü Gel is a treatment for fast, effective relief of pain from common mouth ulcers, sore gums and denture rubbing.
• The product, which at first looks like a pale yellow paste, forms a smooth, flexible
and adhesive protective gel coating when
it becomes wet on contact with saliva
inside the mouth.
• Iglü Gel is suitable for use by adults,
the elderly and children over 7 years
• The product works in three ways:
• by forming a gel coating to protect the
sensitive and delicate area of the mouth
lining as it heals, and
• by the actions of its two active
ingredients, lidocaine hydrochloride
and aminoacridine hydrochloride,
which work by:
• stopping pain (lidocaine
hydrochloride is a local anaesthetic),
• preventing infection (aminoacridin
How do you use Iglu mouth ulcer gel?
Only use Iglü Gel for localised application
inside the mouth for the conditions it is
For adults, the elderly and children
over 7 years of age:
• Wash your hands before and after use.
• If you are treating several ulcers, repeat
steps 1 to 3 below for each one:
1. Use a clean tissue to gently remove
excess moisture/saliva from the
2. Squeeze a small quantity of Iglü onto
a clean, dry finger tip or cotton bud,
and then apply it directly to the ulcer
using a single, gentle wiping action
3. At first, the product may seem quite
pasty and sticky, but after contact with
saliva, the product will form a flexible
and adhesive gel coating over and
around the ulcer area.