HuxD3 3200 IU Capsules (30)
- Effectively treats vitamin D deficiency
- Helps your body absorb calcium
- Active Ingredient: Colecalciferol
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
HuxD3 is is recommended for use when you have a normal intake of dietary calcium. HuxD3 may be prescribed by your doctor to treat vitamin D deficiency.
What HuxD3 Capsules Are And What They Are Used For
Fultium-D3 are capsules. They contain the active ingredient: Vitamin D3. Vitamin D is found in the diet and is also produced in the skin after being exposed to the sun. Often vitamin D is given in combination with calcium. Fultium-D3 is recommended for use when you have a normal intake of dietary calcium. Fultium-D3 may be prescribed by your doctor to treat vitamin D deficiency. Deficiency of vitamin D may take place when your diet or lifestyle does not provide you enough vitamin D or when your body requires more vitamin D (e.g. when you are pregnant).
HuxD3 Capsules Consumption Precautions
DO NOT take HuxD3 Capsules if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to vitamin D or any of the other ingredients in the capsules
- have high levels of vitamin D in your blood (hypervitaminosis D)
- have high blood levels of calcium (hypercalcaemia) or high urine levels of calcium (hypercalciuria)
- have kidney stones or serious kidney problems.
Check with your doctor before taking HuxD3 if you:
- have kidney damage or disease. Your doctor may want to measure the levels of calcium in your blood or urine
- are being treated for heart disease
- have sarcoidosis (an immune system disorder which may affect your liver, lungs, skin or lymph nodes)
- are already taking additional doses of calcium or vitamin D. Whilst you are taking Fultium-D3 your doctor will monitor your blood levels of calcium to make sure they are not too high.
How To Take HuxD3 Capsules
Always take SunVit-D3 exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Your doctor will usually prescribe you a dose of 1 capsule daily for up to 12 weeks. The amount will depend on how low your vitamin D levels are and how you respond to
treatment. In the case that you are breastfeeding or pregnant, your doctor will usually prescribe 1 capsule daily for up to 12 weeks. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure. The capsules should be swallowed whole (not chewed) with water.
- If you forget to take your capsules, take it as soon as possible and continue to take the capsules as normal. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten capsule.
- Fultium-D3 should not be used in children under the age of 12.
If you take more HuxD3 than you should
You should only take what your doctor recommends. If you accidentally take one capsule too many, nothing is likely to happen. If you accidentally take several capsules too many tell your doctor or get other medical advice immediately.
Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, HuxD3 can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects with HuxD3 may include:
- too much calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia).You may feel or be sick, lose your appetite, have constipation, stomach ache, feel very thirsty, have muscle weakness, drowsiness or confusion.
- too much calcium in your urine (hypercalciuria).
Storing HuxD3 Capsules
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
- Store blister foil in the original container in order to protect from light.
- Do not use Fultium-D3 after the expiry date which is stated on the carton as “EXP”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is colecalciferol. Each capsule contains 3,200 IU colecalciferol (equivalent to 80 micrograms Vitamin D3). The other ingredients are:
- Capsule Content
- Maize oil, refined
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) (E321)
- Capsule Shell
- Chlorophyllin copper complex sodium (E141)
- Purified Water