Hirudoid Gel 50g
- Effective Treatment For Blood Clots
- Easy To Apply
- Treats Haemorrhoids
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
This gel contains the active substance heparinoid. It is a local anti-coagulant preparation which, when applied to the skin, relieves pain and inflammation.
What Is Hirudoid Gel?
Hirudoid Gel contains the active substance heparinoid. It is a local anti-coagulant preparation which, when applied to the skin, relieves pain and inflammation in addition to promoting healing in superficial thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the veins) and bruising (including haematoma).
See more information on superficial thrombophlebitis on the NHS website
Before You Use Hirudoid Gel
Do not use Hirudoid Gel:
- If you are allergic to heparinoid or any of the other ingredients of Hirudoid Gel listed further below
- If you have broken skin, or on large areas of skin
- On or near sensitive areas such as the mouth, eyes or ano-genital regions.
How To Use
- Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
- The amount of gel you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
- Apply 5-15cm of gel as a thin layer to the affected area at any one time.
- You can apply Hirudoid Gel up to 4 times a day.
- Do not exceed this dose.
- If the area is tender to touch, you can apply the gel to the skin surrounding the affected area.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel, unless this is the area being treated.
Like all medicines, Hirudoid Gel can have side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- Rarely, this product can cause a rash in sensitive individuals. If this occurs, stop using the gel and inform your doctor or pharmacist.
The active substance is 0.3% w/w heparinoid. The other ingredients are isopropyl alcohol, polyacrylic acid, propylene glycol (E1520), purified water and sodium hydroxide.