Dulcosoft Liquid 100ml
- Effective Constipation Relief
- Active Ingredient : Macrogol
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
For the symptomatic treatment of constipation and softening of hard stools. Contains macrogol 4000 which uses the water naturally contained already in your body to soften the stools to make bowel movements more comfortable
What Is Dulcosoft Liquid And What Is It Used For
Dulcosoft Liquid cotains the active ingredient macrogol 4000, an osmotic laxative. Macrogol 4000 has a high water-binding capacity. It serves as a carrier for the liquid (water) and retards the intestinal water absorption leading to an increased amount of water in the colon. There, the hardened stool is softened and stool volume increases. This leads to increased bowel movement and eases defecation, supporting a natural feeling relief. Macrogol 4000 has a purely physical mode of action: it is virtually not absorbed by the body and it is excreted unchanged.
The cause of constipation can be a number of things including but not limited to:
- Sudden change of diet
- A diet with not enough fibre
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Loss of ‘tone’ of the bowel muscles in older people
- Medicines such as morphine or codeine
- Having to stay in bed for a long time
- Lack of exercise
Before You Use Dulcosoft Liquid
Do not take Dulcosoft Liquid in case of:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
- Severe inflammatory bowel disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease) or toxic megacolon
- Digestive perforation or risk of digestive perforation
- Ileus or suspicion of intestinal obstruction or symptomatic stenosis
- Painful abdominal syndromes of indeterminate cause
Always read the patient information leaflet before use.
How To Use Dulcosoft Liquid
Adults and children aged 8 years and over:
- 20–40 ml solution daily (equivalent to 10–20 g macrogol 4000), preferably taken as a single dose in the morning.
For use in children under 8 years, consultation with a doctor is advised.
Children 4 to 7 years: 16–32 ml solution daily (equivalent to 8– 16 g macrogol 4000), preferably taken as a single dose in the morning.
Children 2 to 3 years: 8– 16 ml solution daily (equivalent to 4–8 g macrogol 4000), preferably taken as a single dose in the morning.
The dose is measured out using the measuring cup included in the pack and can be adjusted according to the effect obtained. Within the dose recommendation the dose can be adjusted to your individual needs and can be taken daily or every other day. The right dose is the lowest dose to produce regular soft stools.
Dulcosoft Liquid Ingredients
10 ml solution contains: 5 g of Macrogol 4000, Other ingredients: Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Macrogol 400, Citric Acid, Purified Water, Contains 5 g Macrogol 4000 per 10 ml of oral solution
If we can assist you with anything else please feel free to contact our helpful customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Side effects have generally been mild and transient.
Side effects in adults and children:
Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, abdominal distension,
nausea, vomiting, faecal incontinence and flatulence
Rarely anaphylactic shock, anaphylactic reaction,
angioedema, urticaria, rash, hypersensitivity may
In case of diarrhoea, which usually disappears when
treatment is stopped or the dose reduced, consider
contacting your doctor as you may require treatment
to prevent loss of salts (electrolytes) due to fluid
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice
any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell
your doctor or pharmacist.