Dulcolax Pico Liquid 100ml Constipation Relief
• Dulcolax Pico Liquid contains a medicine called sodium picosulfate. This belongs to a group of medicines calledlaxatives.
• Dulcolax Pico Liquid is used for relief of constipation.
• This medicine does not help with weight loss
• Dulcolax Pico Liquid gently stimulates the muscles of the bowel (large intestine). This brings predictable, overnight relief from constipation, helping to return the body to its natural rhythm.
What is Dulcolax Pico Liquid 100ml used for ?
Do you suffer from bloating and constipation? Ducolax Pico comtains a laxative known as picosulfate. This liquid gently stimulates the muscles of the bowel (large intestine).
Dulcolax brings predictable, overnight relief from constipation. So that, after treatment, your body returns to it’s natural rhythm.
What is constipation?
Normal and regular bowel movement is important for most people. However, what is “normal and regular” varies from person to person. Some may have a bowel movement every day, others less often. Whatever it is like for you, it is best that your bowel movement has a regular pattern.
You may get constipation if the normal muscle action of the bowel slows down. Lack of fiber is a common cause of constipation.In addition lack of exercise and having to stay in bed for along time is also a factor.
Constipation can make you feel boated or generally off colour.
How do you use Dulcolax Pico Liquid 100ml?
Adults and children over 10 years
• One to two 5 ml spoonfuls at night
• When your bowel regularity has returned to normal, the
dose can usually be stopped
Children aged between 4 and 10 years
Dulcolax Pico Liquid should only be given to children
under 10 if recommended by a doctor.
The usual dose for a child is:
• Half to one 5 ml spoonful at night
Children under 4 years
The dose will depend on the weight of your child: 0.25 ml
for each kilogram of the child’s body weight.
Use vitamins and supplements to help during times of illness.
See our full allergy treatment range here.
Like all medicines, Dulcolax Pico Liquid can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them. The following
side effects may happen with this medicine:
Isolated events (some side effects are so rare that it is
not known how many people may be affected)
• Syncope (feeling faint)
• Allergic reaction
• Skin reactions (rash, itching)
If you have a severe allergic reaction, stop taking this
medicine and see a doctor straight away. The signs may
include: a rash, swelling of your skin, mouth and face
which may cause swallowing or breathing problems.
Very common side effects (affects 1 in 10 people or
Common side effects (affects less than 1 in 10 people)
• Abdominal discomfort, cramps or pain
Uncommon side effects (affects less than 1 in 100
Click here For the patient information leaflet