Diastix Strips For Urinalysis (50)
- Can be used for up to 6 months after opening
- Easy to Use
- Quick And Efficient Results
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Diastix Strips are designed to measure the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid in the urine. Acetoacetic acid is a naturally occurring keto acid, which is also known as diacetic acid.
Diastix Strips For Urinalysis
What Are Diastix Strips Used For?
Diastix Strips are designed to measure the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid in the urine. Acetoacetic acid is a naturally occurring keto acid, which is also known as diacetic acid. This acid is produced by the liver and kidneys and can be used as an energy source by the heart and brain. However, people suffering from diabetes may not have a strong metabolism, which can result in large numbers of ketone bodies. It is importance to keep a check on the level of acetoacetic acid as it can cause medical issues and complications.
How To Use Diastix Strips
- Collect fresh urine specimen in a clean, dry container
- Remove one strip from bottle and replace cap.
- Dip test area of strip in urine and remove immediately. (alternatively, wet the test area by passing strip through urine stream.)
- Tap edge of strip against container or clean, dry surface to remove excess urine.
- Compare test area to Colour Chart exactly 10 seconds after wetting. Ignore colour changes that occur after 10 seconds.
Before You Use
- Keep fingers and any other objects away from the testing area.
- Do not use after the expiration date listed on the packaging.
- You can use the strips up to 6 months after opening the packaging.
No patient information leaflet is available for this product.