Chlorphenamine Maleate/Elixir 2mg/5ml 150ml
- Effective Hayfever Treatment
- Suitable Ages 1 And Up
- Fast Relief From Symptoms
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Chlorphenamine is an antihistamine medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergies. It’s known as a drowsy (sedating) antihistamine. It’s more likely to make you feel sleepy than some other antihistamines.
What Is Chlorphenamine Maleate/Elixir Used For
Chlorphenamine Maleate is an antihistamine medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergies. It’s known as a drowsy (sedating) antihistamine. It’s more likely to make you feel sleepy than some other antihistamines. It’s used for:
- hay fever
- red, itchy eyes (conjunctivitis)
- hives (urticaria) caused by food allergies and chickenpox
- insect bites and stings
See more information on hayfever on the NHS website.
Before You Use Chlorphenamine Maleate/Elixir
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- have had an allergy to chlorphenamine or any other medicines in the past
- have an eye problem called primary angle closure glaucoma
- have problems peeing or emptying your bladder
- have epilepsy or another health problem that puts you at risk of fits
- have an intolerance to, or can’t absorb, some sugars such as lactose or sucrose
- are booked to have an allergy test – taking chlorphenamine may affect the results, so you might need to stop taking it a few days before the test. Ask a pharmacist or your doctor for advice.
- are unable to have any alcohol – some liquid chlorphenamine products contain a very small amount of alcohol. Check the ingredients and the packaging carefully.
Chlorphenamine Maleate/Elixir Side Effects
Like all medicines, Chlorphenamine Maleate can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- feeling sleepy during the daytime
- feeling sick (nausea)
- feeling dizzy or difficulty concentrating
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
Ingredients will change slightly among different brands, but remain mostly similar.
Active ingredient: Chlorpheniramine Maleate.
Inactive ingredients: acacia, calcium phosphate tribasic, calcium sulfate, carnauba wax, corn starch, FD&C yellow No. 6, FD&C yellow No. 6 aluminum lake, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, neutral soap, oleic acid, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, rosin, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, white wax, zein
How to Take Chlorphenamine Maleate/Elixir
The medicine will come with a plastic syringe or spoon to help you measure out the right dose.
If you don’t have a syringe or spoon, ask your pharmacist for one. Do not use a kitchen teaspoon as it will not give the right amount.
Always read the dose instructions in the patient information lealfet before using.