CareSens N Blood Glucose Test Strips
- No Coding Technology Removes the Need To Manually Code Before Use
- Easy to Use
- Small Amount of Blood Needed For Results
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
CareSens Blood Glucose Test Strips work with the CareSens brand of Blood Glucose Meters to quantitatively measure glucose in whole blood. The CareSens brand of Blood Glucose Monitoring system is for self-testing outside the body.
What Are CareSens Test Strips And What Are They Used For?
CareSens Blood Glucose Test Strips work with the CareSens brand of Blood Glucose Meters to quantitatively measure glucose in whole blood. The CareSens brand of Blood Glucose Monitoring system is for self-testing outside the body (in vitro diagnostic use). The CareSens brand of Blood Glucose Monitoring System should not be used for the diagnosis of diabetes or for testing newborns. Glucose in blood samples react with the chemical in the test strip to produce a small electrical current. The Caresens brand of Blood Glucose Meter detects the electrical current which reflects the amount of glucose in the blood sample.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: You need to have a blood glucose monitor to get results from the tests, you will have to purchase one sold separately.
How To Use CareSens Test Strips
- Wash your hands and the sample site with soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Unscrew and remove the adjustable tip.
- Insert a new disposable lancet firmly into the carrier.
- Twist off and set aside the protective cover of the disposable lancet and replace the adjustable tip.
- Choose a depth of penetration by rotating the top portion of the adjustable tip until the setting number matches the arrow.
- To cock the lancing device, hold the tip in one hand. Pull the sliding barrel on with the other hand. The lancing device is cocked when you feel a click.
Before You Use
- Inaccurate results may occur in patients undergoing oxygen therapy.
- Keep test strips and the test strip vial away from children. The test strips and vial cap may be choking hazards. Drying agents in the vial cap may be harmful if inhaled, swallowed, or may cause skin or eye irritation.
- Test strips are for single use only. Do not reuse.
- If test strip does not absorb the blood sample properly, please contact your authorised i-SENS sales representative.
Each CareSens Test Strip contains the following reagents:
Glucose oxidase : 2.7 units
Hexaamineruthenium(III) chloride : 45.7 ㎍
Other ingredients : 1.6 ㎍