Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup
Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup active ingredient dextromethorphan helps to suppress the coughing mechanism, reducing the urge to cough.
What is Benylin Dry Coughs and what it is used for
Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg/5ml Syrup is a medicine which is used to help relieve dry, irritating coughs. The liquid contains dextromethorphan hydrobromide which is an antitussive to help stop persistent coughing. The medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
What you need to know before taking Benylin Dry Coughs
This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This medicine can lead to dependence. Therefore the it may be an offence to drive when taking this medicine if your ability to drive safely is affected. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure whether it is safe for you to drive while taking this medicine.
Do not use this medicine
- If you have ever had a bad reaction (e.g. rash, swelling of the face and throat, difficulty breathing) to dextromethorphan or any of the other ingredients.
- If you suffer from lung disease. Q If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- If you are taking selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (used to treat depression and anxiety such as fluoxetine, paroxetine and sertraline).
- For children under 12 years old. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg/5ml Syrup
Always read the Patient Information Leaflet before use
How to take
Adults and children aged 12 years and over – Take two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day
- Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Benylin Dry Coughs Ingredients
The active ingredient in 5 ml of Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg/5ml Syrup is: 7.5 mg Dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Other ingredients are: Sorbitol solution, glycerol, sucrose, liquid glucose, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), caramel, saccharin sodium, imitation peach flavour, levomenthol, ethanol, carbomer and purified water
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side-effects,
although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following stop
using the medicine and seek immediate
– Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or
throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing
If you experience any of the following
stop using the medicine and talk to your
– Itching, rash, hives.
-Other effects which may occur include:
-Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea.
-Upset stomach or stomach pain.
-Difficulty sleeping or feeling restless or confused.