Alka-Seltzer XS Tablets (20 Pack)
- Symptomatic Relief Of Colds And Influenza
- Effective reduction Of High Temperature
- Treats Mild To Moderate Pain In The Body
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Alka-Seltzer XS can be used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain including headache, migraine, backache, nerve pain, period pain, toothache and sore throat. They can also be used for symptomatic relief of colds and influenza.
What Are Alka-Seltzer XS Tablets And What They Are Used For
Alka-Seltzer XS are effervescent tablets which dissolve in water to give a sparkling solution. The active substances are: aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), paracetamol and caffeine.
Alka-Seltzer XS can be used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain including headache, migraine, backache (including lumbago), nerve pain (neuralgia and sciatica), period pain, toothache and sore throat. They can also be used for symptomatic relief of colds and influenza. As well as relief of rheumatic pain (arthritis), muscle tenderness and stiffness (including fibrositis), muscular aches and pains.
How To Use Alka-Seltzer XS Tablets
Follow the directions below closely. You should ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure how to use this medicine.
Alka-Seltzer XS tablets must always be dissolved in water before use.
Adults and children over 16: Two tablets dissolved in half a glass (100ml) of water may be taken every 4 hours as required. You should not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Not recommended in children under 16.
Make sure you follow the dosage instructions and do not take more than the stated dose. Do not take Alka-Seltzer XS for more than 3 days in a row. If you do not get better, talk to your doctor. Talk to a doctor at once if you take too much of this medicine even if you feel well. This is because too much paracetamol can cause delayed, serious liver damage.
Before You Use Alka-Seltzer XS Tablets
Do not use if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to aspirin, paracetamol, caffeine or any of the ingredients listed further below.
- Are allergic to any other pain relieving or anti-inflammatory medicines (eg NSAIDS or salicylates).
- Have a disorder which causes excessive bleeding such as haemophilia.
- Have, or have had, a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Are on a high dose of methotrexate (15mg per week or more). If you are not sure, check with your doctor. Also see ‘Using other medicines’.
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding, unless advised by a doctor.
The active substances are aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) (267mg per tablet), paracetamol (133mg per tablet) and caffeine (40mg per tablet). The other ingredients are sodium hydrogen carbonate and citric acid.
see our other stomach & bowel treatments