Alka-Seltzer Original Tablets (20 Pack)
- Fast & Effective Relief From Upset Stomach
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Alka-Seltzer Original Tablets provide fast relief of heartburn, upset stomach, acid indigestion with headache or body aches from this effervescent antacid and pain reliever that has been around for more than 80 years.
Buy Alka Seltzer Tablets Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Alka Seltzer Tablets Online. To Buy Alka Seltzer Tablets UK Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Alka Seltzer Tablets UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Alka Seltzer Tablets Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Alka Seltzer Tablets
Alka Seltzer Tablets are effervescent meaning that they dissolve in water to give a sparkling solution. There are three active ingredients that allow Alka Seltzer Tablets work the way they do, they are: aspirin, sodium hydrogen carbonate and citric acid.
Aspirin belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). It is used for the treatment of pain and reduction of fever and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Alka Seltzer Tablets are used for the treatment of:
- Mild to moderate pain including headaches, migraine, backache, nerve pain, period pain, toothache and sore throat.
- Symptomatic relief of colds and influenza.
- Relief of rheumatic pain, muscle tenderness and stiffness, muscular aches and pains, the pain of joint swelling and stiffness, strains and sprains.
- Effective reduction of high temperature.
Alka Seltzer Tablets Cold
Alka Seltzer Tablets Cold can help provide symptomatic relief of colds and influenza. A common cold can be treat without seeing a GP and you should being to feel better after 1 to 2 weeks. However, cold symptoms can come on slow and continue to linger for long periods of time.
The symptoms are usually the same in adults and children and can include:
- A blocked or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- A raised temperature
- Pressure in the ears and face
- Loss of taste and smell
In order to treat a cold yourself, there are plenty of self-treatment options at your disposal. Some of the simpler things include staying warm, getting plenty of rest and keeping hydrated. Alka Seltzer Tablets Cold can provide further relief when paired with the above.
Alka Seltzer Cold Tablets
Do not take Alka Seltzer Cold tablets if you:
- Are allergic to aspirin, sodium hydrogen carbonate, citric acid or any of the other ingredients of this medicine listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Are allergic to any other pain relieving or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Have a disorder which causes excessive bleeding such as haemophilia.
- Have, or have had, a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Are on a high dose of methotrexate (15mg per week or more). If you are not sure, check with your doctor.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless advised by a doctor.
- Have severe heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Have asthma that is worsened by aspirin or any other NSAID.
Warning and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Alka Seltzer Cold Tablets if you:
- Suffer from tightness in the chest, asthma, nasal polyps, hay fever or allergies.
- Have low uric acid excretion, which is commonly associated with gout.
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Kidney or liver problems.
- Have problems with circulation.
- Diagnosed with glucose-6-phophate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- Are about to have surgery. The doctor should be made aware you are taking aspirin before the operation.
- Are elderly, as you are more likely to experience side effects.
Alka Seltzer Cold And Flu Tablets
Alka Seltzer Cold And Flu Tablets contain sodium and sodium benzoate. Each tablet contains 477mg of sodium and is equivalent to 23.85% of the recommended maximum daily dietary intake of sodium for an adult.
If you’ve been advised to follow a low salt diet and need to take Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu Tablets for a prolonged period of time, a doctor should be made aware before using this medication. Someone who is also trying to keep their blood pressure under control should also try to avoid Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu Tablets.
Alka Seltzer Plus Day And Night Effervescent Tablets
Alka Seltzer Plus Day And Night Effervescent Tablets are for when you’re battling multiple symptoms during the day and not getting the rest you need at night.
Daytime relief from:
- Nasal congestion
- Headache and body ache
- Sore throat
- Sinus pressure
Night time relief from:
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Headache and boy ache
- Sore throat
Each packet of Alka Seltzer Plus Day and Night Effervescent Tablets contain 12 Day time tablets and 4 night time tablets for a total of 16 tablets.
Alka Seltzer Plus Effervescent Tablets
Always take Alka Seltzer Plus Effervescent Tablets exactly as described in the patient information leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Alka Seltzer Plus Effervescent Tablets should always be dissolved in water before use.
Adults & Children over 16:
Two tablets dissolved in half a glass of water may be taken every 4 hours as required. You should not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours. Not recommended in children under 16. The tablets should preferably be taken after eating.
Make sure that the Alka Seltzer Plus Effervescent Tablets dosage instructions are follow correctly and no more than the stated dosage is taken. Alka Seltzer Plus Effervescent Tablets should not be used for more than three days in a row.
If you think you’ve taken more tablets than you should have, go to the nearest Accident and Emergency Department immediately. Take the patient information leaflet with you to show what you have taken.
Alka Seltzer Sinus Effervescent Tablets
The sinuses are a system of hollow cavities found in the skull that mostly drain in the nose. When allergies occur, allergens can cause inflammation in the sinuses and airways, causing congestion and inflammation.
Alka Seltzer Sinus Effervescent tablets help relieve symptoms associated with sinus symptoms, including congestion, pain and headaches.
What Are Alka Seltzer Tablets?
A common question we often see online and via email is “What are Alka Seltzer Tablets?”
Alka Seltzer Original Tablets provide fast relief of heartburn, upset stomach, acid indigestion with headache or body aches from this effervescent antacid and pain reliever that has been around for more than 80 years. Unlike other antacids, such as Tums or Mylanta, H-2 blockers such as Pepcid, and PPIs like Prilosec and Nexium, Alka-Seltzer Original contains an analgesic for pain accompanied by heartburn and acid indigestion.
There’s usually no need to see a GP about indigestion. There are some things you can do at home.
- cut down on tea, coffee, cola or alcohol
- prop your head and shoulders up in bed – this can stop stomach acid coming up while you sleep
- lose weight if you’re overweight
What Are The Ingredients In Alka Seltzer Tablets?
Another question we see online and via email is “What are the ingredients in Alka Seltzer tablets?”
Aspirin is an everyday painkiller that is used for aches and pains related to toothache and headaches. It can also be used to treat colds and “flu-like” symptoms, as well as to bring down a high temperature.
Aspirin is the trademarked name owned by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer. The generic term for aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid.
Other Alka Seltzer ingredients include: sodium hydrogen carbonate, citric acid, povidone, dimeticone, calcium silicate, docusate sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, natural and artificial lemon flavour and natural artificial lime flavour.
Who Invented Alka Seltzer Tablets?
As with the majority of branded medicines, a large pharmaceutical company is behind the manufacturing process. You may be wondering who invented Alka Seltzer Tablets?
A German multinational pharmaceutical company called Bayer is responsible for the manufacturing and invention of Alka Seltzer. They are responsible for the production of many medicines used around the world ranging from Levitra, Aspirin and vitamins like Berocca.
Bayer was first founded in 1863 as a dyestuffs factory, manufacturing its best and most well-known product aspirin and has continued to grow, acquiring other companies and absorbing them into their infrastructure.
Alka Seltzer Tablets Side Effects
Like with all medicine, Alka Seltzer Tablets side effects can occur but not everybody gets them. The product belongs to a group of medicines which may impair fertility in women. This effect is reversible upon stopping use of the medicine.
If you experience any of the following Alka Seltzer Tablet Side Effects, stop taking them and go to your nearest A&E department or doctor immediately.
- An allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction may include: difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, skin rashes, large or itchy wheals on the skin, attacks of sneezing, runny nose and itching eyes or water retention.
- Bleeding from the stomach or bowel, which may result in black or tarry stools.
- Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea or stomach pain.
- Heart failure with shortness of breath
- Kidney impairment or failure
- Dizziness or ringing in the ears
- Increased bleeding/blood thinning. This may include bleeding from the urinary tract, bleeding within the brain, or bleeding from the nose or gums.
- An asthma attack if you are asthmatic and sensitive to aspirin.
- Changes in normal liver activity in blood tests.
Mass Of Alka Seltzer Tablet
The mass of Alka Seltzer Tablet is 3.24g per single tablet. Each tablet is contained in cartons, packaged in foil pouches.
Alka Seltzer Tablets Tesco
Whilst Alka Seltzer Cold Tablets is available from other commercial stores like Tesco Pharmacy, Alka Seltzer Tablets Tesco, Lloyds Pharmacy, most of those will require you to bring in your prescription before you can order the medicine.
My Pharmacy offers a free online consultation as well as free shipping on orders over £40 with next delivery options also available. From My Pharmacy you can purchase your prescription treatments online without ever having to leave your home, making it much easier for people to get the vital treatments they need safely and promptly.
Unlike Lloyds Pharmacy, Tesco Pharmacy, Alka Seltzer Tablets Tesco, My Pharmacy has an expert team of pharmacy professionals available to help via email, online chat and telephone should you have any questions regarding your current prescription or treatment. Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should the one you’re looking for not be available. See our thousands of 5 Star Ratings on Trustpilot from real customers.
As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get the best prices for both generic and brand name treatments. When compared to other retailers such as Alka Seltzer Tablets Tesco, Lloyds Pharmacy, Tesco Pharmacy, My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.
Like all medicines Alka-Seltzer can cause side effects although not everybody gets them. The
product belongs to a group of medicines which may impair the fertility in women. This effect is
reversible on stopping the medicine.
If you experience any of the following side effects, stop taking Alka-Seltzer and go to your
nearest Accident and Emergency Department or doctor immediately.
An allergic reaction. Signs of allergic reaction may include: difficulty in breathing or
swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, skin rashes, large or itchy wheals on
the skin, attacks of sneezing, runny nose and itching eyes or water retention.
Bleeding from the stomach or bowel, which may result in black or tarry stools.
Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea or stomach pain.
Anaemia (reduction in the number of red blood cells)
Heart failure with shortness of breath
Kidney impairment or failure
Dizziness or ringing in the ears.
Increased bleeding/blood thinning (if you cut or injure yourself). This may include bleeding
from the urinary tract, bleeding within the brain, or bleeding from the nose or gums
An asthma attack if you are asthmatic and sensitive to aspirin.
Changes in normal liver activity in blood tests (very rare).
If you have unusual stomach pains or react badly to this medicine in any other way, stop taking
Alka-Seltzer and tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately