Accu-Chek Softclix Sterile Lancets (200)
- 200 Sterile Lancets
- Single use only
- Sterilised using radiation
- Virtually pain-free
Accu-Chek Softclix 200 Sterile Lancets for use only with Accu-chek Softclix Lancet Device. It is uniquely designed for accurate penetration. Virtually pain-free.
- Accu-Chek Softclix Lancets
- Accu-Chek Instant Lancets
- Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets
- Accu-Chek Active Lancets
- How to Use Accu-Chek Lancets
- Lancets Compatible with Accu Chek Guide
Accu-Chek Lancets are a collection of medical tools designed for the collection of capillary blood from the fingertips. With 11 different penetration depths, you can easily adjust the lancing device to your skin texture. The Accu-Chek Lancets range provides a virtually pain-free experience, making them a preferred choice for many.
Accu-Chek Softclix Lancets
Accu-Chek Softclix Lancets are a major contributor to diabetes management in the UK. These small, sharp objects are used to prick the skin and test blood glucose levels.
Benefits & Features:
- Drums of 6 preloaded lancets for hygiene and ease of use
- Virtually pain-free with Clixmotion technology
- No individual lancets to see or touch
Accu-Chek Instant Lancets
These lancets are used to detect glucose in the blood. When paired with the Accu-Chek Instant system, they can provide a ketone detection warning. Understanding ketones is crucial for those with diabetes, and Accu-Chek Instant Lancets play a vital role in this.
Importance of Ketone Detection:
- Indicates diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
- The blood glucose monitor displays a warning over 15mmol/L
- Detection usually through urine test
- Untreated DKA can lead to coma or death
Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets
Before purchasing Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets, consider the following:
- Needle Size: The smaller the number, the thicker the needle
- Thickness: Thinner lancets usually cause less discomfort
- Lancet Depth: Blood volume and pain levels can be affected
- Location Use: Consider other parts of the body to prevent sore fingertips
Accu-Chek Active Lancets
Accu-Chek Active Lancets and test strips are integral for an accurate blood sugar reading. It’s essential to ensure compatibility between brands.
How it works:
- Insert test strip into the device
- Prick the fingertip with lancet
- Place drop of blood on test strip
- Obtain accurate reading
How to Use Accu-Chek Lancets
Remember, the below guidelines can slightly differ depending on the specific Accu-Chek model, so always refer to the manual that comes with your specific lancet device.
- Clean the Area: Wash your hands with warm, soapy water and dry them completely.
- Select the Site: You choose the fingertip or other sites depending on the specific lancet device.
- Prepare the Device: Load the lancet into the lancing device by following the instructions specific to your model.
- Adjusting the Penetration Depth
- Accu-Chek lancets typically have multiple depth settings, often ranging from 1 to 11.
- Select a shallower setting if you have thin or sensitive skin, or a deeper setting if you have thick skin.
- Adjust the penetration depth by turning the dial at the end of the lancing device to your preferred setting.
- Arming the Device
- Pull back on the arming mechanism until it clicks
- The device is now ready to lance
- Lancing Process
- Positioning: Place the lancing device against the part of your skin you’re testing (usually a fingertip)
- Lance the Skin: Press the release button to lance the skin. You should feel a small prick.
- Collecting the Sample: Gently squeeze or massage the area if needed until a small blood droplet forms.
- Applying the Blood to the Test Strip
- Insert a test strip into your meter.
- Touch the blood droplet to the test strip until the meter beeps, or follow the specific instructions for your meter.
- Disposing of the Lancet
- Accu-Chek lancets are generally designed for single use to ensure hygiene and accuracy.
- Consult your local regulations for proper disposal of used lancets.
- Cleaning and Storage
- It’s essential to keep the lancing device clean. Refer to the manual for specific cleaning instructions.
- Store the lancing device and lancets in a cool, dry place.
Lancets Compatible with Accu Chek Guide
You can view the lancets compatible with Accu-Chek by clicking here. The guide displays all of the blood glucose meters compatible with lancets and test strips.
If you have any questions about the lancets compatible with Accu-Chek, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist.