Elocon is one of a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids. It is classified as a “potent corticosteroid”. These medicines are put on the surface of the skin to reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems.
Elocon Cream Ointment
Elocon Cream Ointment is from a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids, otherwise known as steroids, an anti-inflammatory medication. Classified as a “potent steroid”, it is used on the surface of the skin to help reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin conditions.
Used in adults and children, it’s used to treat psoriasis and dermatitis. Psoriasis is a skin disease that caused itchy, scaly, pink patches to develop on the elbows, knees and scalp. Dermatitis is a skin condition that is caused by outside agent such as detergents, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
Elocon Ointment Cream
Like with all medicine, Elocon Ointment Cream Side Effects can occur but these aren’t experienced by everyone. If you experience any of these Elocon Ointment Cream side effects, especially if any of them are getting progressively worse, immediately stop and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Below is a list of Elocon Ointment Cream Side Effects experienced more, or less when people have used Elocon Ointment Cream. For a full list, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
- Allergic skin reactions
- Bacterial and secondary skin infections
- Inflammation and or infections of the hair follicles
- Thinning of the skin (more likely to occur if medication is overused)
- Loss of skin colour
- Burning, stinging, itching, tingling
- Excessive hair growth
- Blurred vision
- Softening of the skin and stretch marks
Elocon Mometasone Ointment Steroid Cream
If you use more Elocon Mometasone Ointment Steroid Cream than you should it can affect some of your hormones. If a child is uses it and has used more than they should, this could affect their growth and development.
If you have used Elocon Mometasone Ointment Steroid Cream too often and/or for a long period of time, tell your doctor.
If you forget to use Elocon Mometasone Ointment Steroid Cream, use it as soon as you remember and continue on as before.
You should not suddenly stop using Elocon Mometasone Ointment Steroid Cream as it may cause stinging, burning, red skin. You should gradually reduce how often it is used until you eventually stop using the treatment altogether.
Elocon Ointment Cream Spain
Elocon Ointment Cream Spain is manufactured in Schering-Plough S.A, Km 36, Carretera Nacional L-28750 San Agustin de Guadalix Madrid, Spain.
Procured from within the EU and repackaged by the PPA holder: B&S Healthcare, Unit 4, Bradfield Road, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 0NU, UK.
Elocon Ointment Steroid Cream
You should always use Elocon Ointment Steroid Cream exactly as your doctor has told you. The use of this medication in children under the age of two is not recommended. For adults and children above the age of two, a thin layer of Elocon Ointment Steroid Cream should be gently rubbed into the affected area of skin once a day.
Elocon Cream Ointment Ingredients
Active Elocon Cream Ointment Ingredients: Mometasone Furoate, each gram contains 1 mg of mometasone furoate.
Other Elocon Cream Ointment Ingredients: hexylene glycol; purified water; phosphoric acid; titanium dioxide; aluminium starch octenylsuccinate; white wax; white soft paraffin and hydrogenated soybean lecithin.
Elocon Common Questions and Uses
Elocon Cream Or Ointment
The decision between Elocon Cream or Ointment will be decided by your doctor. They will be able to diagnose the skin condition you have and decide which treatment option would be best for you. If you have questions about why your doctor has chosen Elocon cream or ointment, do not be afraid to ask. They will explain the differences in layman’s terms.
Elocon Ointment Vs Cream
When deciding between Elocon Ointment vs Cream your doctor will take a look at the condition of your skin condition. He/she will be looking for signs of dry, scaly skin or moist and weepy areas. Depending on their diagnosis, Elocon Ointment vs Cream are intended for the different skin conditions above. The cream is used on skin that is particularly moist and weepy, whereas the ointment has a more greasy makeup, making it great for dry scaly areas.
Ultimately the decision for what is best for you will be made by your doctor. If you have any questions about Elocon Ointment vs Cream, ask your doctor or local pharmacist.
Elocon Ointment Cream Uses
This medication is available in two forms, a cream and ointment. Each option has a further two options each as a 30g and 100g tube. The majority of Elocon Ointment Cream uses are for treating:
The main ingredient, Mometasone, decreases welling (inflammation), itching and redness. Elocon Ointment Cream uses may have some other special case uses. Your doctor will determine if Elocon is suitable for use with certain conditions.
Before using Elocon Ointment Steroid Cream you should always follow these instructions:
- Do not use the cream on your face for more than five days.
- Do not apply the cream to children, on any part of their body, for more than five days.
- Do not put the cream under your child’s nappy, as this makes it easier for the active drug to pass through the skin and possibly cause some unwanted side effects.
- You should check with your doctor before covering the treated areas with a bandage or plaster. Treated areas on the face or in children should not be covered with a bandage or plaster.
- You should not use a large amount of Elocon Ointment Steroid Cream on large areas of the body for a long time.
- Do not use in or around your eyes, including eye-lids.
Elocon Cream Ointment Psoriasis
Elocon Cream Ointment contains mometasone furotate which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. Steroids that are applied to the skin help reduce swelling, redness and irritation. Elocon Cream Ointment Psoriasis is used to help reduce thickened patches of inflamed, red skin, often covered in silvery scales.
The severity of Psoriasis can differ person to person. For some it may just be a minor irritations, but for others it can majorly affect their quality of life. This is where Elocon Cream Ointment Psoriasis can help, specifically for Psoriasis on the scalp, elbows and knees.
It’s a long lasting disease (chronic) and involves periods where you may have no symptoms, followed by a random big flare where symptoms are more severe.
My Pharmacy offers a wide range of skin care products, including Balneum Cream and Eumovate Eczema Cream.
Elocon Cream Ointment Dry Scalp
Certain everyday actions may be causing your dry scalp, but it may also be caused by a skin condition. Here are a few of the causes and how Elocon Cream Ointment Dry Scalp may help:
- Too much washing; washing your hair everyday can remove the naturally occurring oils produced by your skin. Without these oils your skin becomes dehydrated and overtime will eventually dry out, causing it to become brittle. If you suffer from this long term and haven’t been able to get on top of it, Elocon Cream Ointment Dry Scalp might be an effective treatment option.
- Hair products; using hair products such as shampoo, soaps and hair dye can cause dry scalp. The chemicals in these products are the cause, black hair dye for example includes a chemical called PPD and as a side effect, can cause a bad reaction. The first step of treatment would be to find out which product is causing issues and not use it for two to four weeks. If you see an improvement then that product was the culprit.
- Weather changes;during cold winter months, the humidity drops. The cold weather dries out skin all over the body, including the scalp. Using a heater during this period can also cause dry skin. Elocon Cream Ointment Dry Scalp can be helpful during winter weather, helping moisturise those areas of skin that are dry due to cold environments.
Buy Elocon Online
My Pharmacy Is The Best Place To Buy Elocon Cream Ointment 0.1% UK In 2020. To buy Elocon Cream Ointment 0.1% Online In The UK you are required to have a prescription, which you can acquire with our free online consultation service.
Through My Pharmacy You Can Buy Elocon Cream Ointment 0.1% UK Next Day Delivery. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Elocon Ointment Cream Price
My Pharmacy currently offers the following Elocon Ointment Cream price as of 17/09/2020, the following prices may change in the future.
- Elocon Cream 30g, £18.99
- Elocon Cream 100g, £28.99
- Elocon Ointment 30g, £18.99
- Elocon Ointment 100g, £28.99
If you have any queries regarding our Elocon Ointment Cream Price, please contact us via email and our support team will answer shorty after.
Elocon Cream Ointment Reviews
You can view Elocon Cream Ointment Reviews and reviews left by customers who have used our website and service via the product page. To view more Elocon Cream Ointment reviews and overall service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should any Elocon Cream Ointment reviews cause you to look for an alternative.